Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Beam_me_up's Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

First post here, I've finally plucked up the courage to sign up and create a sketchbook.  Hopefully this will be a regularly updated place for me to post my most recent sketches and paintings, with the aim of getting progressively better.  It may descend into a once-yearly update of my unchanging skill but hopefully not...

So...some of my most recent sketches, mostly gestures with some thumbnail sketches and a copy from a concept art book in there too:
Welcome and nice sketches, did you do these from a lifemodel?
(04-05-2016, 12:06 AM)BrushNoir Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome and nice sketches, did you do these from a lifemodel?

Thanks, BrushNoir.  No, unfortunately I've not had any time to attend real life drawing classes recently.  These are all from Croquis Cafe (link), a Youtube channel with 25 minutes of live timed life drawing poses.  I try to do one of them a day with the aim to get more consistent.  At the moment my drawings vary between nice forms and dynamic poses and ones that look like I can barely hold a pen! 

So here's today's studies - more gestures and a value study from Agora (beautiful movie).