Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Nada CC 2 WIP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
finally decided to join you guys, I have been lurking  around for a while now.  I’m not too late, right?
I’m going with option 3, the priest. Love that concept ! let’s hope I don’t screw  it up :D
I want to make him seem distracted with something when the villagers find him. Also he should have some indications that he was a priest, like  a bell or a cross?.. or maybe what’s left over from his priest clothing..
I’m still not sure about the design, but I don’t want to spend too much time on it :(

[Image: y02zb.jpg]

[Image: 2q9e5mp.jpg]
Welcome! and i really like the designs on these, keep exploring.
Yeah, designs are looking cool :)
damn Nada_H thats creepy as hell, great designs... cant wait to see more.
Looking good! That's a great idea incorporating the priests previous clothing and items. though i haven't played the game, I'm pretty sure I saw a vid where some of the creatures had that same design element, looks awesome.
I can honestly say your designs look like something I'd come across with if I played the game! You entered the Crucible headstrong! Welcome to your first CC!
Good on you for jumping in Nada! Nailing those concepts...these are probably the most on the money I've seen so far. You're on the right track!
Love it so far, you rock.
Awesome designs so far dude, the left one on the second page looks straight out of the game.
woah you guys are awesome, thank you so much for your kind words!<3 I'm glad you like them <3

now here's some ugly compositions, you can notice my patience running out by the last one lol
probably still need to do more.. i don't know..

[Image: 1z73sc5.jpg]

arm and hands studys, hands are influenced by egon schiele, since he draws the creepiest hands i've seen

[Image: 19uybk.jpg]

and texture study for his back

[Image: 2jz8uv.jpg]
(04-10-2016, 03:08 PM)Nada_H Wrote: [ -> ]woah you guys are awesome, thank you so much for your kind words!<3 I'm glad you like them <3

now here's some ugly compositions, you can notice my patience running out by the last one lol
probably still need to do more.. i don't know..

[Image: 1z73sc5.jpg]

arm and hands studys, hands are influenced by egon schiele, since he draws the creepiest hands i've seen

[Image: 19uybk.jpg]

and texture study for his back

[Image: 2jz8uv.jpg]
Great work, your monsters are really creepy!  I`ve got problem with that, can`t draw frightening stuff... I like the 2nd comp because of the lighting from the arch. But people don`t look frightened or trying to defend, hope to see them in more dynamic poses in your further wips! :)
This ones probably gonna win :P
Awesome designs! Very creepy. As for comps you could work a little bit more on them. Especially the bottom ones - quite hard to read for me.

Keep this up :)
@neopatogen me too! I like drawing pretty people more, but this theme is too awesome to skip. thank you, and I hope the villager is looking better this time

@adam man I wish! but there are so many awesome works, including yours.

@piotr I'm sorry you had to suffer reading the compositions, I can't even read them myself, hope they're looking a bit readable this time :)

composition is killing me, I find it quite hard to come up with something using values only, so I used lines and added some shadows. That may indicate that I need to do more value studies in general.. hmmm
I like the way the creepy dude was sitting so i didn't change it. but I'm not sure which one is more decent? or maybe neither of them?
also, any comments about the scale and perspective would be so helpful  :)

[Image: 2nrhchw.jpg]

architecture studies

[Image: 30hwyef.jpg]
I really love those architecture studies. They display the mood very well!

I think the monster could be a bit bigger in the first one. It is about the same height as the guy and it's further away, so it could be taller. It is better in the second one. But I like the first comp better :)
I find it helpful when thinking up comps to use letters as a basic idea. Like draw a 's' or a 'M' and then start to block in the basic shapes over top with that as your guide. You can make any shape and then design it up from that. The key is to think very abstract and simplistic at first and build up from there. You dont need to know what shapes are at first, just if they move the eye throughout the piece. That creature design is kick ass by the way :)
The first comp is much better. You are popping things to the edges and corners quite a bit and leaving the center feel a bit empty, even though I know it won't be in the final. Perhaps, shift the creature a little bit to the right so there is a small overlap with the moon, and you might want to play with flipping the creature to face the other way, into the canvas rather than out of it. I agree with eyliana that overall scale of shapes is very important to keep comps dynamic, so having things too similar in size can affect things. It helps to think in general terms of using areas of large, medium and small in absolutely anything, from the overall comp, to the design details within things. Large, medium, small, shapes all mixed makes things more interesting.

Beautiful mood sketches, I'm so excited to see you finish this one. That creature is just so great and fits the theme perfectly. I think it will be awesome!
Great studies, And the first comp does look better what i would suggest just keep exploring comps until you find the one you like.
@Eyliana thank you for your insight it helped a lot , and I'm glad you like the studies! <3

@Adam man, that was really helpful, especially what you said about thinking abstract at the beginning and focusing on the eye movement. I don't know why I always jump into details. Thank you tons!

@amit after I read your comment I just had to find a solution for that comps. I never thought about in terms of general size, especially in the design details, since my brain thinks details=small lol. anyway, thank you so much for believing in this creature, I'm gonna try my best not to disappoint you in the final :)

@hobbit thank you, I think I finally found one that I like.. hope it's good enough though :/

after so many ugly tries, I think I'll settle on this one, turns out using values with the lasso tool to think is much easier than line art, huh..
I'm still worried about the scale though, so tell me if I mess up. also, is it ok to only show the hand of the villager?

[Image: 30sx8cj.jpg]
hey, you better finish this!

:)