Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Swiftys Sketchbook - My Traditional Workings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Crimson Daggers and welcome to my Sketchbook!

While I've had most of my experience in traditional and a little bit in digital lately I've found I really love working with watercolors. These works, posted chronologically, are my first attempts at the medium.

[Image: 07HGeJR.jpg]

[Image: Ihzn5z5.jpg]

[Image: FAYRIHm.jpg]

[Image: B8MVHkr.jpg]

[Image: 7NAxEQo.jpg]

And these two are my current WIPs:

[Image: OH9HzMG.jpg]

[Image: oNWCd4i.jpg]
Nice start dude and for a first attempt at watercolours that's really good.
I'm assuming your main interest is in drawing creatures?
Thanks Triggerpigking, I think my main interest is nature and traditional mediums. I find it much more relaxing than working digital.

Watercolour - with a referenced design
[Image: 4rWM2R2.jpg]

And my first hand attempt at Acrylic painting:
[Image: DGMdY0v.jpg]
Welcome! I'm always happy to see another watercolour artist. I share your love for traditional medium and nature as well.
Looking forward to see more :)
Thanks Eyliana! When I get a moment I'll have to pop in and take a look at your sketchbook :)

Some more paintings:

[attachment=89294]

[attachment=89295]

[attachment=89296]
Almost finished my small watercolour sketchpad. I have a Moleskine watercolour journal on order from the UK along with some W&N Watercolour paints, so I'm really looking forward to getting those! Hopefully next week!

I picked up a cheap A5 sketchpad just for pencil & ink sketches as not to waste my watercolour paper, so I've started filling those out. I think my goal will be to try and finish both by end of the year.

[Image: DccPdgI.jpg]

[Image: KUyYXty.jpg]

[Image: Yij5qgo.jpg]

[Image: sv3FfV2.jpg]

[Image: K0dSh1S.jpg]

[Image: 9TbukTg.jpg]

[Image: GXibtvM.jpg]

I need to remember not to over-work my watercolours. The first one I killed by treating it more like an acrylic. We learn from our mistakes though!
My September Crimson Crucible Challenge:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=91090]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=91118]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=91153]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=91184]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=91208]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=91305]

I ran out of time at the end but I had a lot of fun with this and learnt a lot. I went and got a bunch of bigger paints and a new canvas ready for whatever I end up painting next :)

And I finally got around to finishing this:
[attachment=91407]