Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Flo's sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
hey guys,

I saw this assignment on eyecagers tumblr and thought i would give it a go. the goal is to render a shape and give it some texture.

does it look ok to you? c and c are very welcome.

Cheers,
flo
i did some analog stuff i will post soon and also worked on azura.
Oh yes :D Try killing the super cold blues and the cold yellow in the background and also lower the contrast on the clouds overall, I think it will give it more depth.
Keep it up man, I'm really liking where this goes!
@iCi: thanks for the crits on the background, I think it works better now

only minor tweaks this time, I feel like I am running out of ideas how to better the image. maybe I am just too tired right now
just messing around, trying to control light and color.

this was also based on an assignment from "advanced lighting" by Sam Nielson, he is a genius.
pages from my sketchbook

some ink stuff since it is ink-tober http://mrjakeparker.com/2013/09/30/inktober-2013/ and some water color
Watercolors are hard, specially for me. I'm use do paint from dark to light in digital and with watercolors it's reversed. I found these Waterbrushs great for painting outdoor http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pentel-Aquash-Wa...002JIN2Q0/ maybe will interest you :)
Hey Madzia,

thanks for the tip, I actually already use that brush ^^ I really like it. Also I like your work. Nice shapes and colors :)

Here is today's inktober picture. I dont know why, but bird-knights just seem cool to me.
yesterdays and today Inktober picture and a still life. I had to invent the candle a bit do to it burning down while being painted and hence changing its form.

hope you like it
todays inktober picture :)
Hey guys,

I am trying to use new techniques and did a 1,5h speedy creature where I used phototextures. It was a ton of fun. What is with me and mutated dudes, though ... :)

also some more inktober fun.

the blue monsters are for a game I work on in my freetime.

Hope you like it
Wow, it has been ages since I posted for the last time. I hope I haven't offended anyone (if this gets read anyway ^^). Below are all the inktober Drawings, I hope you like them. At some point it became more of a chore to keep up with it, than it was fun, but it was a really cool lesson. I feel that some designs are stronger than other ones, which is totally natural I guess.

It was super interesting to see how bad my gut feeling was at the beginning of a drawing sometimes and then it turned out better than I feared.

Also another thing happened: I got contacted to color some lineart for a card game, which will eventually be put on a crowd-funding-campaign. I am really exiting how it turns out, all I can do is doing my best to make the card-art as appealling as possible. It is great to feel that all the studying turned out to help me get noticed.

So for now the drawings are all I can show, but I am sure that in the near future, there will be more to see.

Cheers,
Flo
I am currently working on my serious game, painting the food. So much fun working with 100% opacity and the hard round with size jitter.

Hope you guys like it
hand studies
I tried something I saw on Paul Richards Autodestruct blog.

Hier takes random shape and breaks it up into several designs. It is a lot of fun and yields some interesting new results.

Sargent Study: I have to learn sooo much!
life drawing session November

I tried some new materials.
been doing some anatomy studies after work. On the hands I tried to draw economical, using not to many strokes. :)
studies of feet.

the first one was from imagination after looking at a photo-ref for 1 minute
This is the newest mock-up for the game I am working on. I worked on the interface, the cursors, the teeth and on the bacteria. I can't wait until it is deployed and ready to be played.
Oh wow, your stuff is getting really stronger. It's been a while since I visited your sketchbook and now I'm like stunned. Keep putting out the good work and I'll try to visit more often. So I won't get an hearth attack next time ;) Cheers!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28