Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: bagenew's sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
The first day post,a study on some other guy's 3d work(pic from internet).
Very nice form rendering!
Seems like I know this 3d artwork! It means that you nailed the form well. I like how you simplified it, I actually also practiced some simplified skulls today :)
@Olooriel
3ks for the reply :)
@neopatogen
the simplification is not done by me,but is the reason I draw his works:) 

Another revision of what I learned on anatomy,mostly from Vilppu videos.All done by memory. 
I did once weeks ago,more errors.
It's more about names,start and end,not to focus on forms,but I pay more attaintion this time.
I think form may be more important after I get most of these major muscles.So I will try learning sth. from krenz,find his understanding of form is useful.
Just a quick doodle of sf fanart,too busy for other things(shame).
Have to change a city to live these days,hope I can still uploading more stuff.After all,I just started doing it a few days!
But after that mess,I could spend more time on painting Lv up.
Hope everything goes fluently.
A little bit refine,still packing stuff for traveling...
Nice start to your sketchbook man, I especially like your forms and rendering. Keep pushing that with your most recent piece, looking forward to seeing more of your work!
@Nick Waldinger 3ks for the reply 

I moved back to my hometown now,and got internet yesterday.Now I can upload my progress again.
/some doodle on value
/photo study on value,not fin
/a portrait test by memory,several tries,not fin
head study copy,the original pic is made by kylekane.
Cool stuff, man! I like your anatomy studies.

What I think would help a lot of your work would be to unify your light shape a lot more. You're sort of in the habit of adding a ton of value variation in the light shape and it makes your work look very metallic. Maybe this has to do with you wanting to show form in the light but most form is made apparent through the transition between light and shadow and on the edges of form, rather than in the middle of it :)
(08-16-2016, 06:52 AM)Tristan Berndt Wrote: [ -> ]Cool stuff, man! I like your anatomy studies.

What I think would help a lot of your work would be to unify your light shape a lot more. You're sort of in the habit of adding a ton of value variation in the light shape and it makes your work look very metallic. Maybe this has to do with you wanting to show form in the light but most form is made apparent through the transition between light and shadow and on the edges of form, rather than in the middle of it :)

3ks for the advice,it's very helpful,and exactly what I need here:)
I think some tests by memory could show more problems I do have in creating my own work,and it did. Though I dont quite know the best way to fix them,maybe more practice more learning,more thoughts will do.
Any further suggestion will be welcome~
I spent most of the time reading and learning Craig Mullins's note today,but still took some time to go further with my portrait test.
I overpainted the previous one,lowered the value contrast,and simplified the shapes.Turned out some Japanese geisha faces(hair and neck all ignored for the purpose),but still pleased me more than the previous one[actually I love them,the random mirror-made faces show me the possibality how simple forms could combine in different ways to build complete looking faces]~
on values~
more value.
A doodle from imagination,about 3h25m.
I will keep at least one original work like this per week,I think it reveals my real problems.
help me to improve,3ks~
upper arm study
/movie snapshot,used very small pic [2h]
/some doodle for revision of upper arm,leads to more problems~
Awesome sketchbook. What are you studying anatomy from?
(08-24-2016, 10:42 AM)RaginBronko Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome sketchbook. What are you studying anatomy from?

Mainly from Glenn Vilppu's video for now,and I may google a single mucsle if needed.I also learned Micheal Hampton's book,neither are finished yet.And some other materials to go through.
It's like when I go deep,I always find it deeper...
The notes with pic was done last year from Vilppu videos,I redo them now,patching the parts not so clear last time,and I can see that it won't get into my blood for just twice done,more and more should be done.
The origin and insertion note is newly made,for getting a better understanding of the muscles' flow.
And a time-limited sketch,since I lack value training,so I did one before laying down for the next dawn.
What's more,I did a lot without skins,maybe I should do a lot more with skins,and values~
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5