Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Killing yourself to live: Challenge 1 Don't cross the line!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone!

This is the first time for me hosting a challenge. I did a secret challenge to myself a few months ago, where I told myself to do several Dark Souls portraits
and I did manage to actually finish them (for the most part).

So now that I know that I can actually commit to something, I thought it is time to move to the public space.

I know community challenges aren't really popular and nobody really commits to them. I am fully aware of that and I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest
if I'm the only one doing my challenge. That doesn't really matter though. I was going to do it anyway might as well share my progess with the forum.

A lot of people also don't really know what they're suppose to do and don't just want to mindlessly study their life away, so this challenge might
just fit their needs.

So lets get straight to it then:

Killing yourself to live: Challenge 1 Don't cross the line!

Goal of the challenge: Design, anatomy and composition.

What do I have to do?

1. Design 5 characters
                        This doesn't have to be a really clean, perfect lineart for all the characters, but the design has to be clear and readable
                        Yes even the details! They don't have to be perfect (again) but I should be able to make out whether there are flowers their clothes
                        or some kind of abstract design.

2. Conceptualise a scence.

3. Draw at least 3 characters you invented into that scene. Finished product should be a clean lineart (at least as clean as you can get it, if
                        you're a beginner and it still looks a bit messy in the end that's no problem but put some effort into getting it to a finished look.)

No colors, no rendering. Just lines. If you do everything in pencil and ink that of course fine as well.

As this is a forum for improvement I encourage studies to help you with your pieces but please post them in your sketchbook. I only want to see CHARACTER SKETCHES,
SCENE CONCEPTS and FINISHED PIECES in here.

Got all that?! Probably not so here is it again and please follow the steps:

Step 1: Draw the five characters. One by one I want to see them. Don't even think about the scene yet just draw the god damn characters.
                     Step 2: Now that you have your characters in set. Choose 3 of them (You can do all five if you want).
                     Step 3: Do compositon sketches and whatnot. Think of how you want your characters to interact. Big shapes and stuff.
                     Step 4: Pick a composition you like and do a rough sketch. Do studies to inform your poses and designs.
                     Step 5: Flesh out the rough sketch, fix the mistakes and make sure you leave nothing vague.
                     Step 6: Clean out the lineart.
                             FINISHED

Anyone who actually manages to do this gets a neat little price. It's something special from me to you.

DISCLAIMER: I actually going to do 3 finished pieces. Not because I'm hardcore or anything but usually my brain need a bit of repetition to get the message.
            So I'll do a lot more character sketches and stuff. I don't expect this from you I just wanted to let you know this in case you were wondering.

Also: There is no time limit on this. That doesn't however mean you should take forever.This isn't about whether you can to this in a month or so.
This is about if you can actually push yourself do go through it at all. Sometimes you just have to organise time yourself.

Alright enough text. Time to start. GOOO MEE!

If you have any questions or need advice in general just go ahead and ask but I might come on to you, since I'm a very lonley man
and your body is just so hot and steamy how could I resist?
Ooh, this has me intrigued. I'm also looking to improve my character design and story-telling. I may just try this out. No promises, though. ;)
Quote:Ooh, this has me intrigued. I'm also looking to improve my character design and story-telling. I may just try this out. No promises, though. ;)

Sure thing go ahead! That's why I posted it here. We'll work through it together anyone else is welcome too.
*looks around* *cricket sounds*

Well here it goes. Character 1/20
[attachment=90014]

Also: Let's get this party started yeaaaah!
Next one.
[attachment=90077]
5/20. See already a fourth of the way there.
[attachment=90210]
Every day a step leads to somewhere eventually.
[attachment=90256]
Another character. I might have to take a few days off since I just came out of the hospital. We'll see how it goes.
[attachment=90439]
Where we left off.
[attachment=90527]
keepin on going.
[attachment=90568]
Cool I like these characters and the goals you have set...though TLDR at this time cuz tired. Good one man
@Amit: Thank you! :D No worries I just wanted to make myself as clear as possible in my original post. It comes down to: Make characters then put them in a scene. Finished lineart. Bam.

Here is numbah 10.
[attachment=90673]

In the words of the famous Britney Bitch:
Gimme gimme more, gimme more baby.
[attachment=90717]
Onwards. Onwards.
[attachment=90810]
haha, I love how wacky and bold you are going with that shape language....
@Amit: Thank you very much. Yeah I mean, might as welll try out stuff when you're doing personal stuff.
[attachment=90833]
Every little bit counts.
[attachment=90898]
Batman`s long lost cousin.
[attachment=91092]
Pages: 1 2