Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Pondering Spitboi Wondering if this is Art
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

spitboi

I posted my intro in the introduction section and have class now so I can't write something bold and grand...here is my sketchbook till I edit this later!

This first update is of art from last October till last month. I will post some digital/more later when I get to a scanner!

Hope that I am not the only one that sees some improvement - should post some actual finished/longer pieces instead of sketches asap!

Cheers and critique anything and all you want - I am ready for it >:)

- Spit

spitboi

Hey all! Going to upload some of the art that I have done with digital now! I want to update from start -> now of everything but I want to push myself now by doing studies with value, color, anatomy, and DEFINITELY Perspective...so much to do! Not enough to ever know it all!

spitboi

So I did a 2 value practice with digital using only black and white. I did a study with a picture of someone who you all don't need to know...anyways took easily over an hour, probably just under 2 hours.

I feel like I learned a ton doing this alone with proportions and measuring, my angles are improving at least.

- Spit

[attachment=2317]

spitboi

Just did this in under 45'. Leave my anatomy alone! (I kid ;) ).

[attachment=2320]

Miracula

Wonderful sketches. I see where you are really starting to push yourself.

spitboi

@Miracula - Thanks man! I will definitely start posting where my weaknesses are and then show the studies I do to fix them :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I have tons of stuff I have yet to upload...hoping that I can get everything on my computer sometime soon but since the semester ended last Wednesday I will just upload this.

This was a quick sketch I uploaded and then blocked in the colors for the Jude Law challenge. Tried going the Star Wars poster route but never got past this point...not sure what everyone else thinks of it but I think that the composition is rather weak...something that I need to work on so I am going to get some studies from films sometime soon.

Going to do some anatomy sketches today in Boston if anyone wants in! :)

- Ali

[attachment=2970]

spitboi

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo...yeah....haven't been on in a long time and should post some stuff! Let me just try and do a quick dump!

So far I have tons to update with and my art skill visually to me has improved SUBSTANTIALLY since last May! I have been getting happier by the day. Here is some stuff from the last few months that stick out. Hopefully you guys see the improvement and these roughly get the idea across of what I can do now. 2 months moved by fast and the improvement is apparent to me!

So much has happened lately. Since my last post my friends finished our game that we sprinted through for MassDiGi and launched it as a portfolio piece on the App Store. We even are working on our next release we will make insanely good for release for monetizing purposes!

So high on life! Thanks for all of you who see my art by the way. Seeing comments pop up months later always rejuvenates me to post! My improvements seems to correlate to all of you and I sincerely thank you all for taking time to see my stuff

Thank you,

- Ali

Going to try posting more as ran into technical problemos! Sorry for the multiple posts!

Thanks again

- Ali

spitboi

More art stuff, going to post more of it (hopefully).

Just some stuff that I had some quick fun on and are practically me still learning how to do armor plating and character design :)