Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Fried Plasma Node Hyperdrive Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Howdy all,

Decided it was time for some accountability and community. These sketchbook threads are really inspiring.
I will upload studies, sketches and traditional work soon, but in the mean time here is the digital work to serve as a starting point.

Cheers all, yall rock.

Charlie

Finished pieces

[attachment=90753]
[attachment=90754]

Others

[attachment=90755]
[attachment=90756]

Sketchin

[attachment=90757]
A morning quickie
[attachment=90907]

and this morning
[attachment=90909]

freehand and not terribly accurate, but a good time all the same. Quick photoshop "greys"
Not a lot of studies to speak of recently. 

Here are some pen and sketches, as warmup for a friend's project.

[attachment=91316]

A sketch[attachment=91314]

And that sketch taken quite a few hours down the road while listening to some Dave. Lots to do left, push the values for one, but I'm pleased with it so far.
[attachment=91315]

Now off to do some studies.
Just order a silicone head off on amazon...pretty excited about it.
In the mean time:

[attachment=91342]

No color picker used until I finished. Eh. Close enough for now. 

[attachment=91343]
[attachment=91344]

EDIT: Something I just noticed is that I consistently need to go darker...
Hey there Charle, welcome to the forums! Keep drawing and keep pushing, I like what you've done with the leather-jacket-chick. If I had to suggest one thing, however, it'd be to watch your colors. With the piece with the boy looking into the mirror, your painting has a lot more greens/blues than the reference does and feels much colder as a result. Be mindful of the overall picture first and how you can get it to more resemble the reference.

Keep it up!
(09-23-2016, 05:15 PM)Nick Waldinger Wrote: [ -> ] however, it'd be to watch your colors....a lot more greens/blues than the reference does and feels much colder as a result.

Cheers man.
Also, I appreciate the reality check. I really struggle with putting too much green/blue into paintings, especially when doing traditional work. Definitely will keep working on it.