Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: CC06 Knopf's Halloween
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Such a cool theme In love

i wrote ideas down, did some research and fall in love with the idea of two companions,
which met in the 19th century freak show Gulliver and try to escape from there.
My humanoid is the Lady Raven, which where born with feathers(and if it fits  other  raven features ) 
abandoned, but found and raised by the Show manager Mr. Thomas Gulliver.

My creature is "the Monster of black forest", but aside from the shows everyone calls it spider.
John Gulliver  often tells the story, how he caught it on one of his expeditions.
But in reality, some sailors sold the creature to him a long time ago.
Raven always loved to be around the beast, feeding it, playing with it, but always thinking that "spider"  
seems to be more intelligent then a animal.
The insect like creature behaves like it would understand every word she says to it, not knowing how to answer

i would appreciate your thoughts on the idea and designs. 
sadly i don't know if i can work further in the next week :(
so wish me luck,  keep up creating awesome stuff guys Thumbs_up

Mood board, some ideas and directions

[Image: pUdkdtV.png]

[Image: m8dr1HT.png]

and first design ideas:

[Image: PtGbkzA.png]

[Image: ReeSfPH.png]
Wow, such a detailed backstory to this - I'm loving the design of Raven as well. Keep it going!
Looks like a pretty decent exploration. Creature looks interesting. I think you should put some time into creating an interesting pose for the raven. You have some good refs there, you can try to start with that - study and explore. Good luck!
little update of raven and Spider

I would be grateful for any kind of critique and or feedback ^^

[Image: Yd52lAo.png]
The comp is a little split in half down the middle. Maybe bring the characters a little bit more towards the centre? Also wonder why she is looking backwards....guess it might have some narrative that you have in mind that isn't quite clear in the image yet.
Looking good mate - I like the paleness of Lady Raven and the cloth covering Spider.

I've been studying spiders recently and noticed that they have rubbery seams at the joins of their limbs. Also they have these little hairs growing out of their anatomy. Just a few design considerations for you - take it or leave it :).

Good luck for the final push!
I think your creature design is really cool but I feel like having the character look away from the camera might be a bad move. But then again it could be something you could play on and make people wonder what she looks like?

I like where it's going though either way. There might a little too much negative space but I like the wide angle.