Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Trying to get better and need help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys I really want to get better at painting, specifically paining skin. As well as getting a better understanding on lighting and colors. Just the overall fundamentals, I want to create "realistic" work. Or at least have the ability, so any critiques are welcomed. Thanks
(12-13-2016, 12:37 PM)DannyMor Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys I really want to get better at painting, specifically paining skin. As well as getting a better understanding on lighting and colors. Just the overall fundamentals, I want to create "realistic" work. Or at least have the ability, so any critiques are welcomed. Thanks

Hi there! I tried to do a quick over painting of your work and tried to explain how I worked on it on this video haha sorry it's my first time doing this but hope it helps you in any way Insane, ecstatic Nervous smile, ahehe
[attachment=94677]
Juelle, thank you so much for the feedback. The video was great, lot of background noise though haha, the phone ring made me jump lol. I should put more time into the proportions. I think before each head color study l might just do like 30 minutes of Loomis studies or something. Thanks for the feedback again, really motivates to make more!
(12-13-2016, 05:23 PM)DannyMor Wrote: [ -> ]Juelle, thank you so much for the feedback. The video was great, lot of background noise though haha, the phone ring made me jump lol. I should put more time into the proportions. I think before each head color study l might just do like 30 minutes of Loomis studies or something. Thanks for the feedback again, really motivates to make more!

Hey DannyMor, I guess I must have overlooked that your goal was colors, but yeah it will surely improve your studies if you start working on the proportions first. Haha! Sorry for that! I kinda rushed myself to "Just do it", I'm really nervous when it comes to talking so I wanted to push myself, I should have warned you about the bg noises hahaha it rained before I started recording and thats the constant thumping noise in the bg. I rewatched and noticed you could also hear car beeps, rooster sounds, and yeah the surprising phone ring. Hahaha. Will work on that, anyways glad I could help!   Laugh
I figured I might as well put my portfolio pieces here as well, these pieces are me trying to implement my knowledge so if I can get a visual on what I did right and wrong that would be great. Im still just trying to really push my fundamentals into my work so any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks