Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Anvikli's sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I'm new here and I want to improve. So critique and advices are very welcome.
I also hope that I can help others. 

Here  are some of my studies and sketches so far. 

The first is my heroic forgery... close enough :)
Enviroment attempts
Ink and pencil drawinds
Silhouette drawing practice
creature  silhouettes
solid stuff man :)
The siluettes are sweet :D but with your figures maybe try to think about the form underneath. That way it will be much easier to move them in 3d space. Btw very cool that you are posting everyday. It reminds me that i need to get my ass up haha
Leonard, thanks, man :)

NoodleInBox, good advice. I thought about drawing details inside, but was spooked by amount, especially in buildings )) Decided to do it next time.
Unfortunately not every day, but i'm trying to fix it )

Yesterday I was practicing perspective
Today was a house. Bad design, wrong shapes sometimes, but mostly OK
Trying to figure out how to construct objects. I'm quite impatient and lazy. So insted of construct something simple at first or/and start from begining if something goes wrong, I continue drawing, and of course I'm not satisfied with the result.

Here are my attempts for the history anyway )
It's been awhile since I've studied anything ..I got destructed by vaction and long May holidays. Here are what I've done during this time. Not much, I could've done more. I'll try to keep up.
Sci-Fi concept
It's been a while since I shared anything... mostly because I'm shy to show my crappy studies.
Studies still crappy but I got convenient with it :)
you seem to have a great understanding of perspective, which is awesome! Theres a few little things i see you could work on; maybe just freehanding a few basic shapes, particularly elipses and boxes because in some things you draw there are scratchy lines like the beetle, or that one sketch in pen with the round thing which has a not great elipse. 

If you wanna push yourself man, push yourself! More figures, more complexity, this could make you research more into the anatomy and poses. Or go back to basics like hand drawing and composition studies. Love your profile pic btw ;)
(01-16-2018, 12:36 AM)Fedodika Wrote: [ -> ]you seem to have a great understanding of perspective, which is awesome! Theres a few little things i see you could work on; maybe just freehanding a few basic shapes, particularly elipses and boxes because in some things you draw there are scratchy lines like the beetle, or that one sketch in pen with the round thing which has a not great elipse. 

If you wanna push yourself man, push yourself! More figures, more complexity, this could make you research more into the anatomy and poses. Or go back to basics like hand drawing and composition studies. Love your profile pic btw ;)

Thanks! I think that understanding of perspective is number one for everybody :) I see what you mean ...this scratchy lines is a very old habbit but I try to avoid them now. 

Yep, being an artist is a great test of character :) I used to be a lazy person but now I mostly study something rather just watching another tutorial.
More studies
Your painting is spot on!
But as Fedodika mentioned, yeah your drawings are a bit chicken-scratchy
(01-16-2018, 05:59 PM)HIRVIOS Wrote: [ -> ]Your painting is spot on!  
But as Fedodika mentioned, yeah your drawings are a bit chicken-scratchy

Trying to make study as fast as I can, so maybe you are right - I should slow down and focus on accuracy more. :)
BW studies with different light setup
Color studies
Pages: 1 2