Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Hi there :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Yasmin887

Hi, my Name is Yasmin and I'm new here. I'm still learning how to use this forum to be honest. I don't know what to post where yet but I guess I'll learn eventually. I've been drawing since I was a little kid and tried painting last years of school and studied art in a university for four years specializing in traditional painting. After I graduated I was a bit depressed about displaying and selling my art so I stopped making art for a couple of years. But now I'm trying to get back to sketching, drawing and painting although I have a full time job... Hope to enjoy being part of this community and if you want to talk about anything related to art don't hesitate to send me a message.
Welcome to Crimson Daggers Yasmin :).

Doing art seriously on top a full time job can be a challenge - I am in the same situation and I wish you luck. I've found that I've had to forgive myself for not doing as much art as I'd like and instead I make sure I do little and often, even if it's just a 10 minute sketch a day.

I look forward to seeing your work - good to have you aboard :).
Hi Yasmin,

Quote:But now I'm trying to get back to sketching, drawing and painting although I have a full time job...

I'm on the same boat as you and Loader. Full time. 9-5-ver with a 1 day rest day for the week. And I still manage to hit the drawing board everyday (Woof, sounds like I'm bragging, but hear me out). That's why when people say they would 'try' things, I'm a bit skeptical whether that means it's a sincere effort to attempt; or, most of the time, it means 'I'll do it when I feel like it.'

Do it. Make it a habit. You don't even have to make it look good. You don't have to show it to people.

Quote:if you want to talk about anything related to art don't hesitate to send me a message.

Likewise. There's a Discord group for chatting: https://discord.gg/azX8fwT A lot of horsing around, a lot of art and non-art related chatting. Yet I've talked to a lot of interesting people there.

Good luck with juggling the job and, hopefully, your craft, and welcome to the Crimson Daggers.