Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: [Character Design] Headless Prisoner Controls Fire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: espHuGm.png]

[Image: zyu3sZV.png]
[Image: E3mAAdh.png]

[Image: AoEinRF.png]

[Image: 8vb5HbZ.png]

[Image: INgzk5o.png]

[Image: hkjyTU9.png]

*(the "finished concept" is actually speed-painting -wootwoot)
It important to show you understand how to present your concept not only in a rapid and clear fashion.But also that you can render it to a degree that make nothing seem like it an error or something it not.For me right now if i was the art director looking at this portfolio i would have to ask you if you can do portrait.Also i suggest your learn more about composition and using the full space on the page to present your concept in an orderly fashion.One last thing don't count on your brush to sell a concept if i was you i would i would go for originality and clarity.Your presenting so take the time to present something with a nice font not just your own hand writing and i think it gonna look more professional and make it clear you care about passing your idea to the next person.
This is a really cool concept! Your drawings are rough, but the orthographics definitely sell it to me, I think it's a good design. I kind of agree with darktisse, though, that your finished concept is pretty sketchy still. Might be worth it to polish it up for your portfolio and do a more highly finished painting for the final concept.
(01-23-2020, 08:40 AM)JosephCow Wrote: [ -> ]This is a really cool concept! Your drawings are rough, but the orthographics definitely sell it to me, I think it's a good design. I kind of agree with darktisse, though, that your finished concept is pretty sketchy still. Might be worth it to polish it up for your portfolio and do a more highly finished painting for the final concept.
True, I'm thinking of naming it "Speed-Paint" so it is more suitable for what it really is;3

Thx for the feedback
^_______^
Interesting, you mind me asking what these concepts are for?

Also what medium are you using? Some of these look like watercolours?
(01-26-2020, 07:27 AM)Artloader Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting, you mind me asking what these concepts are for?

Also what medium are you using?  Some of these look like watercolours?
A "mock" game art (because it isn't going to become a game) more than just a case study for my "concept design" portfolio. There's a brief, but it was written by myself, not a studio/art director.

Background Storyline:
  1. A Romeo and Juliet game story inspired on "Freedom at 21" by Jack White. That is, a love relationship between the NPC road soldier girl and a playable headless prisoner who controls fire (magic).
  2. A Road Rash inspired racing game, but closer to the Akira anime gang fights.
The software I used is amazing, Rebelle 3. Try it out for free and online: https://www.escapemotions.com/experiment.../index.php

Thx for your appreciation,
Cheers!
JosephCow, here's a more finished/polished up concept final 2D rendering. I'd like to ask if that is closer to the entertainment's industry standards, but I'd like to meet it iust right -not a color sketch nor a promo art/keyframe illustration. Cheers!

[Image: DHYOvUC.jpg]
If you want a idea of what is the industry standard go to artstation.com but are you talking about Triple AAA or indie studio? Because the quality and method they use to create there work varies.For example in a triple AAA studio it not uncommon to use 3d model as base with paint over and photobashing.Will in indie studio it might be more easier to be the go person in establishing the art direction if the team is smaller.

For me what your leaking right now is a waw factor something that make you go i want to show this artwork to someone and to convince me your able to create believeable texture.If all you putted in this portfolio so far was what you would presented in this page it would be a no base on the leak of variety and waw factor also not enough work to evaluate your potential.

Don't show anything yet that isn't your very best.Because other will win over you.
Wow, words to live by. You won me over to your point of view.