Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Comments & Critique (CC thread)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please direct all Comments and Critique of my sketchbook here to this CC thread*

(for accessibility and archive, It might save time to have any questions and comments channelled into one place.)

-- Skull_08
(comments archived from cfsl.net/ thread)

mathlma - How long for each sketch?

These are all quick notes/sketches 1-2min/10-15min (?) I am approaching these studies in research to shape-forms in anatomy; (muscle groups &c). For these digital studies I have been using an 19'' laptop and drawing tablet.

[Image: 9094d8b1b19bf3914cbe75d1c2eae0bf3a055167.jpg]

Alga - as tu un modèle ?   ''have you got a model ?''

I am using photo references.

Artloader - These from reference or invented?

Invented and using photo references.

What I get from many of your drawings is an effort to break the constraints and transform into something else entirely. I may be totally off - unless you don't seek a consensus on the interpretation.
(02-19-2020, 01:28 PM)darktiste Wrote: [ -> ]I guess you like macabre stuff with all the twisting limb you been drawing. What are those drawing done with mechanical pen?
The drawings I have posted to my sketchbook are nothing but notes/sketches – Their purpose is for practice. I am following an art style/direction for a book project I am creating. The project requires around 1000 figure drawings (which I have completed in their preliminary form) I intend to draw each figure drawing using traditional methods; pencil+paper. The digital drawing I am posting to the forum here are to keep a momentum of productivity (as I am currently between projects right now, which all have a different art direction) This practice of sketching keep things moving..

(03-04-2020, 10:29 AM)Leo Ki Wrote: [ -> ]What I get from many of your drawings is an effort to break the constraints and transform into something else entirely. I may be totally off - unless you don't seek a consensus on the interpretation.
Hi, Leo Ki. These drawings are studies for a book project (and art direction). I hope when the pages are finished the artwork conveys a meaning, It's really cool to hear your own interpretation so far btw.
Here is a screenshot of about 400 preliminary figure sketches. Simple digital drawings; basic anatomical structure to use as reference for finished designs.

[Image: b07f35391be844cf0ab77c3d66965c557f1a42b7.png]

I have printed some of them out already (attachment below) in preparation for drawing them out, using traditional materials - to create original artwork. The finished drawings will be hand-drawn in a series of hardcover [10 x 7.5 inch] sketchbooks.

[Image: d02dd812cd35f490b49c2f92448697af1534118e.jpg]