Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: What to do with a 19 by 24 pad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got one for 30 bucks on Jeff Bezo's fancy flea market and now I'm waiting for creativity to strike me and/or nicfits.

Any ideas?
Do you mean a paper pad? Depending on what type of paper it is you could try doing some painting on it?

Or you could try your hand at some charcoal art? I love Steve Carpenter's charcoals: https://www.stevecarpenterartcenter.com/...emo-video/
(01-04-2021, 11:44 PM)Artloader Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean a paper pad?  Depending on what type of paper it is you could try doing some painting on it?

Ah, sorry. It's a paper pad with bristol paper. I've never painted on bristol paper before but a charcoal study sounds nice. Steven Carpenter's studies are gorgeous.
I would do graphite drawing with it. Probably cut it in half or in quarters.

Bristol paper is really smooth, and it isn't good for charcoal in my opinion. Charcoal needs a rougher paper with more tooth to catch the medium and make it stick to it.
(01-05-2021, 10:15 AM)JosephCow Wrote: [ -> ]I would do graphite drawing with it. Probably cut it in half or in quarters.

Bristol paper is really smooth, and it isn't good for charcoal in my opinion. Charcoal needs a rougher paper with more tooth to catch the medium and make it stick to it.

Oh thanks! I've never worked with bristol paper before, so I appreciate the advice.