Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Jones Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
gettin better jones; nice gradients on some of those legs :)
Thanks Fedodika!
Hey man, great stuff around, just love those legs you made a few posts earlier, kinda miss the sharpness you made there on the rest of your paintings, sometimes they're getting too much out of focus. Keep working hard!
Thanks for the advice! Totally see what your saying, shall try and keep an eye on my sharpness.

--

Poking at things, some sketches and still life studies.
dam jones nice life paints; keep pushin those figures bud!!!
2 studies, lots of stuff to post later
Hey dude, long time since i dropped by, youve got some really nice texture going on in your digital paintings, when youre drawing directly in ink keep in mind to use some varying line weight, loving the quirkiness of those pen drawings though. Keep pushing :).
Dang, Jones - your studies look great! Dem legs ;)
Also, I wish I had your drive in pushing out the imagination work. Just a thought - don't forget that eeeeverything needs to be placed in some sort of perspective (looking at the heads above)
Keep grinding man--!

P.s. love that song <3 <3
Just went caught up on your sketchbook, Russell! Going through it, I noticed a pattern you may not be aware of. You do a lot of anatomy studies(legs,arms,hands etc.) as well as life studies but all of your imagination work is of creatures! Were is the reinforcement for those? There are places where I think "oh he could have used reptiles to make that look better" or "porcupine or hedgehog quills would have been cool there". Of course you don't need a 1:1 copy. But animals are literally creatures and if you are gonna paint something warty, scaled, slimy etc, we have living things with those traits. Steal that knowledge and make your monsters more believable! Don't mean to be to harsh or anything, keep up the steady work <3
Jon - Thanks Jon! Trying to reinforce line quality with the morning figure stuff. Hard to keep simple things like that in mind sometimes.

Smrrfette - Thanks! I've been neglecting basic perspective fundamentals. Keep blowing it off, I'm sure it will help everything though.
p.s. seems like we have similar music tastes! :D

Atrener - Not harsh at all, Thanks for pointing that out! totally went over my head, pretty ridiculous looking through my sketchbook after realizing that haha.

--

Stuff! Been working on a personal project and some client work that I'll post when I can!

Few more things from the past little bit...plus a pic of me tryin to be a lady killer, posing with a dangerous animal.
Hey Russell, nice application of those still lifes into your work. One crit is maybe to practice limiting the number of brushstrokes you use, like a few studies where you only allow yourself 20 brushstrokes or something like that. Also, nice pussy!
mmmmmmm gimme dat pusssayyy MMMMM
Pnate - Thanks man, Most definitely will try limiting brush strokes on some studies. I keep finding I over complicate by introducing too many strokes and tones.

Fedodika - http://youtu.be/iq_d8VSM0nw

--

Mostly been working on work, looking forward to sharing it :D Realizing tons of new stuff I need to learn.

struggling with everything at the moment D: Rendering client work, having a hard time cleaning stuff up nicely.

Soon, I should be able to show some work :D
[Image: AYN7UiG.png]
some stuff
Great to see you keeping up with the still life studies and anatomy. Maybe try some environments to get outside the comfort zone, don't think I saw one in this page.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34