Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Jones Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Amazing progression man!
Woah the amount of work in every page is crazy, you've come a long way man. Don't stop!
Well, its been a loong time since my last visit, and the amount of work you have put here awesome.
And it shows too! i remember seeing some of those head studies in facebook, values, construction, lightning techniques... you have gotten better in all of that, much better.
Now i dont know if this is something you would like to do or if you are more interested in concept art, but i would love to see you starting a new badass illustration and pushing everything you have learned so far.
Fedodika the Koala - Beautiful, I never knew the lyrics, I couldn't tell what she was saying. Thanks for lyricizilizing them for me! I can just imagine your little koala face singing them,

Constructicon - Thanks Brutha!

Ben - Thanks man! Can't stop, won't stop!

Ed - illustration is what I'm mainly interested in, you wouldn't think thats the case from what I've got in my sketchbook though heheh - I love multiple figure illustrations with narrative, especially war/battle ones. I've gotta stop being afraid of attempting it though and be ok with failing horribly at first.
spitpaint and things
2015 Daggers...2015.

[Image: tumblr_n31bgs8pPK1t6ns60o1_500.gif]
20 MOTHER FAHKING 15. YAS!

Man, Jones. I still can't get over your page 1 improvement :') that brings a tear to mine eye is das.

Keep it up man, do what you love and study, think, apply, fail, study, think... reap rewards!
Thanks Smrr! I'm happy to have all of my progress on here, A reminder that I knew nothing at all...now I know a tiny bit of something :D
Those are some sweet life studies and figure studies, keep it up man!
hey jones, i was doing a master study today and something of it reminded me of your work; you use a limited pallette a lot which is a great thing stick with it as long as you can!

One thing i think you should try is when you're working with those deep reds and yellows you tend to use, try using even less saturated, almost grey reds, or olives greens along the transitions say from shadow to midtone or highlight. caravaggio is a good example and bouguereau is the master for sure

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-w97SyeNf1QI/Ut...detail.JPG

See how the dudes forehead on the right it goes from kind of high value orange to this rich olive color then kind of a black red? give that a shot i'm sure you'll benefit a great deal

http://uploads4.wikiart.org/images/willi...fields.jpg

I really love this picture look at the gorgeous transitions from the hot oranges to the kind of cooler reds and then that rich olive again on the forehead; same on the right side of the neck between the sleeve, this mans temperature/value control is insane!

I'm also trying this stuff too it's just hard as fuck hehe
jones nice studies hommie!
i'd really like to see you do an illustration man ^^
keep up the good work!
I agree with Marjorie, I want to see another illustration! utilize all that you have learned with those daily gestures.

On another note, I have initiated the war of posts... I will win but you can try to outpost me if you wish. Good luck, talk to you in the morning.
Lillysparks - Thanks!

Fedodika - Something reminded you of me :D Thanks for the thoughtful comment, I'll definitely try that out. I went to a workshop a few months ago with Daniel Chavez and he said something similar about having different color/temperature tones in transitions. That second image is damned beautiful. Grabbed some Bouguereau images for study!

Marjorie - Thanks Homie! I'm workin on it!

JJ A-A-ron - Thanks mang, I shall apply and overcome. On that other note....sure thing...sure thing.

-----

Ok - this was a shitty week quality wise but I learned a ton. Hit a wall, figured out some major major issues with my values and lighting...overcomplicating and not thinking about basics as usual. I felt sick to my stomach once I realized haha, I think part of feeling sick was because I had just painted the ridiculously obnoxious green haired wannabe ghetto dude. Trying to apply some color stuff from fedodika and failing miserably. A lot of this stuff I wasn't even trying to get a good base, all disproportionate. Some are just practicing painting mainly.

Lots of experimental quick sketches, the visual library studies were all applied to client work. looking forward to showing that stuff.

Thinking about finishing the hooded guy sketch, having him in a swamp in magic format. I've realized too much stuff this past week to list, but on to better things now! :)

Edit - adding in some old client work sketches and stuff. Already are pretty outdated.

ps - if anyone gets the knife after dark reference you earn my respect.
The guy on the boar could be pretty sweet, and your lines are looking better too.

Keep it up man! ha...ha...ha
I Agree with JJ Aaron that boar pieces has some sweet potential :D

Keep it up!
hey hey hey thanks gius, I shall go back to that and push it then! Struggling with being tired all the time lately, I'm not getting nearly as much as I'd like to done.

And yeah, you guys keep it up too!
Like your SB man , keep goin :)
Thanks for visiting my sketchbook! :D

Whoah :O Awesome sketchbook!!! The progress through the pages is great!
Drawings are getting better and better Jones!
And OI! BOY YOU BETTER LOOK AFTER YOURSELF.
Eat well and hit that recharge station!

When you're refueled, I'll be happy to see some more juicy updates :3

o/

Drawings are getting better and better Jones!
And OI! BOY YOU BETTER LOOK AFTER YOURSELF.
Eat well and hit that recharge station!

When you're refueled, I'll be happy to see some more juicy updates :3

o/

<3 you all. Definitely fell off my grind pretty badly, two weeks past super fast without getting much done.

Nothing pretty just the little bit of stuff I was able to get done.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34