Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Jones Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
jonedanjonedadadadajonesjonesjhonesdajones.... HHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEY uuuhh hehehe... i think you're doing great jones ja jones! hmm, i think you could maybe try using the soft/airbrush more sometimes; i know daves style is a big influence on how you work, so you tend to use hard brushes alot and you probably use layering techniques on top of that, right? You can get a great finish either way, i just know you can get a lot out of the form aspects from the airbrush, preferably at 100% opacity, integrating the lasso for super hard edges. ooh i bet you could do lots of cool stuff with that bud hehe!
Thanks pals!

Ahhhhh awesome smrrf! we do crits every friday on a hangout now, super helpful - noticing my eye slowly turning into a hawkeye for catching mistakes

Fedodika Ill try it out! I really like using the soft round, it can be hard to control properly but I def see it give awesome formy results!

--

bleh today, super beat so not too much, hitting the hay early.
beep boop some stuff also a photo manipulation of myself I did today - couldn't be happier with an image.
^magnificent.

*___*
changed that lady a bit, shitty warmup sketch - studies etc etc blah blah blah
not feeling to great, heres todays bit I got done. off to bed early now

[Image: W28tx6T.gif]

Also a little rant some of you might be able to relate too...

It's a weird thing with art and getting better. The further you get on this track the larger the distance becomes ahead of you. you become hyper critical with your own work. Which i feel is necessary to an extent to improve - nothing is ever good enough and that's what keeps me moving forward, it's not too big a deal because I can control my progress.

This mindset of being hyper critical and things not being good enough has become a normal thought process for me though I've realized. i might feel happy about something for a short bit, soon after I realize I want more though. The problem here is its with things you have no control over like you do with a skill. anyway it feels super shitty and kind of Sucks.
Those Yang Qi studies look greaaaaaaat! I love that dude :) great job
It's a weird thing...
blgh another bad day, was out all day. wont happen again.
fuck, i feel so shitty looking at you guys working so hard lol.. keep doing mate!! :D
if only there were a way we could tell photoshop to make the images in our heads 100% right! i think that's the end goal
Awesome stuff man! Loved looking through it :)
Great stuff Russell, all the studies and imagination stuff look great
Thanks guys! <3

Brent Hollowell the creature smith bestowed upon me his tablet signed cards and a drawing, What a legend. Crazy he's the dude that got me into this in the first place, found my purpose in life through his art and hard work. Learned about the daggers from him. Too awesome to be able to call him a friend and to be now working on the tablet he's spent so many hours learning how to paint on!

[Image: fqMPSeV.jpg]

[Image: DnWBB2u.jpg]
(current workspace, tablet to the left is the one he gave me, pretty nice I can prop it on my lap against the table and paint)

Carried this giant box onto the bus, I was falling everywhere and accidentally smacked a woman with it twice awkwardly saying sorry.
---
Pretty much just stuff trying to get used to it! found a nice position I can use my keyboard with it comfortably.

jesus what the hell did I even do today D:, this week for that matter. Christ.

Mainly just trying to figure out this boar dude illustration. Gonna finish this one then onto another illustration with an actual background :o

Off to the pub.
yoloswervetwerk
Ooo. panels. -heart throbs. -recommend Scott Mccloud <check it
Your designs are definitely getting better, I like the dude with the bear shoulder. although I can't tell if he is holding a sack with his other hand or strangling some poor animal, haha.
pigggy pigggy awww hes so cyooot! i love him :3 heeey jones that's aweshum you got that stuff from brent! those naked ladies are lookin tight toooOO!!! <# <3 <3 <#
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34