Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Dom Sinkevic's Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
love your studies man you create stuff that still look like they exist in the real world, although you have change much to that panther it still remains as a panther with cyborg equipment still good designs. Do you paint traditionally too, like oil and stuff ?
Sorry for the log absence!

Eru: I mostly draw with pencil and markers, it's been a while since I painted traditionally.

Here are some stuff I made. More to come. Hope you like it!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[attachment=50306]

[attachment=50307]

[attachment=50308]

[attachment=50309]

[attachment=50310]

[attachment=50311]

[attachment=50312]

[attachment=50313]

[attachment=50314]

[attachment=50315]

[attachment=50316]

[attachment=50317]

[attachment=50318]

[attachment=50319]
great studies! I like how your explain what you're doing to yourself. Inner dialogues are great! ;P
Something I noticed is a lot of your studies have washed-out effect to them. (lower saturation, gravitating towards middle values) -could be you're avoiding darker dark/lighter lights, the reference you're using, or it could be your monitor's contrast not turned all the way down. (just as a heads up)
Also, just out of curiosity, what brush did you use for the bust study? -looks great! O_o
(07-26-2014, 10:33 AM)Heliux Wrote: [ -> ]great studies! I like how your explain what you're doing to yourself. Inner dialogues are great! ;P
Something I noticed is a lot of your studies have washed-out effect to them. (lower saturation, gravitating towards middle values) -could be you're avoiding darker dark/lighter lights, the reference you're using, or it could be your monitor's contrast not turned all the way down. (just as a heads up)
Also, just out of curiosity, what brush did you use for the bust study? -looks great! O_o

Thanks Heliux, I'm mostly avoiding 1 and 10 values as they rarely appear in nature, even if the photo has a 10 in them I tend to not go below 9.5. Yea, I started using dialogue with myself after watching Forest Imel's tutorial on studies! I can say that it helps a lot to memorize. And about the question, I tried to remember which one, but I can't, it was in one of the brush packs given away under the number 93. Sorry! Thanks for stopping by.

-Dom
[attachment=53501]

[attachment=53502]

[attachment=53503]

------------------------------------
Some unfinished studies I got bored with

[attachment=53504]

[attachment=53505]

[attachment=53506]
Little rant

I want to be transparent with you guys and start to post failed sketches too. Why not? You see a lot of artist posting their very best stuff, neat studies and in my opinion that creates an illusion that they are perfect and don't ever create a bad drawing. That can create unrealistic goals for the person who follows their sketchbooks. I'm not saying I'm good at painting/drawing and I'm not saying to splatter them all around the internet. Sketchbook is a development thread and I just want to see those bad ones!I want to encourage people posting up their too. Get those fails posting! If any of you will do this, send me a link I want to see it!

[attachment=53616]

[attachment=53617]

[attachment=53618]

[attachment=53619]
Dom Sinkevic, cool that you showing your unsuccessful sketches. I think my todays still life with korn fit the descriptio)
Yo, cool sb! studies are looking okay, just make sure you're actually learning something from them, not just copying photos because it's cool to do that.
Thanks for stopping by guys

Nikt- Thanks man!

Samszyn- I never thought of copying as a cool thing to do. If it was in the realm of cool (maybe for some that is and it's fine) and I would prefer to do really cool things, I would definitely would choose something cooler to do. :) I never did a study which would not benefit my development as an artist.

+ WIP. Personal.

[attachment=53636]
Update!

Sketches, studies and pieces that will never be finished. Onwards!

[Image: wmBwSQw.jpg]

[Image: u5aNjjj.jpg]
That update :O! Can't say so much! Keep posting more often m8 haha. Seeing your previous studies of color and values with those.. Huge improvement.
Pages: 1 2