Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Crimson CHOW #28 - Mad Scientist - FINALS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Crimson Character of the Week #28
»Mad Scientist«

The best of the CHOWs will be picked by an anonymous poll in the Finals thread and the winner is given the opportunity to pick the theme of the next CHOW's design, as well as becoming the title banner for that week! So go hard, design something interesting and unique!

Rules:
  • You must post at least one WIP in the WIP thread to be accepted into the final poll.
  • Finals must be posted in the finals thread before the deadline.
  • At least 3/4 of the character must be visible (minimum from the knees up).
  • Only ONE submission per person in the finals thread.
  • No fanart. We want to see your original, unique interpretations!
  • Voting will be held for 5 days after the deadline.
  • In an event of a tiebreaker, a winner will be chosen through a randomized name picker.

Deadline is Monday, June 7th @ UTC: 23:59

-+|| FINALS THREAD ||+-
"Ever since Elena learnt about luminescence, she became obesessed with it"
[Image: 1mVsGo2l.jpg]

Ash your painting looks lovely, I really get the mad vibes from it :) also the stones at the bottom kind look like bones, creep but cool!
Thanks Jana!
Great idea to add some light as a finishing touch in your painting, it really brings out how absorbed she is in her project and what it means to her. Together with her introspective smile,you pull all attention to her hands and face, with a supportive background, to tell her story, great work!!
Voted!
@jana:
Looks cool Jana, seems like you wanted to have fun with that light source but got caught short on time.

@ash:
I like style. I wish some areas were more readable however and the eye is too jarring to me to the point where it doesn't mesh well with the rest of the face even with the style (in my opinion of course).
Good work you two. And the vote turned out to be a tie. FUCK!

Since there were only two participants I flipped a coin, and it came up heads for Jana. So, Jana, PM me a theme and brief for the next thread whenever you feel like it.
Great work guys. Nice execution of the glow effect Jana. I don't feel like her facial expression fits the bill of obsessed or mad, it would be good to something more emotive, but the colours are excellent.