Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: SPH's sketchbook V1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, forum. I am an art enthusiast. This will be my 2D art sketchbook. Have fun!  Stupid
You might want to go make an introduction post but i say a sketchbook is already a good start.But it might be good to let people know why you are here instead of letting the work speak for itself.By that i mean if you have goal beside just posting art and what you are interest by etc what you want to learn bla bla bla... ok good to see you looking forward to seeing you post in the future.
Hello Darkist.

Well, I don't have any specific goals. This is a hobby thread.

I have a little experience in oil painting - but 2D, 3D and concept art were always interesting for me to try, because digital tools are very flexible, fast and precise. Though I am not going to build a career of an artist in the entertainment industry, don't like contemporary games or films.

On this site I'd like to...

- listen to what people think about my works (not necessarily from a technical point, more like general impression and any random thoughts)
- be impressed by works from other enthusiasts and maybe inspire them too
- spend more time painting and drawing
- to be more focused on a process than the outcome
- post my works more or less regularly
- to document my progress over time
- to simply have fun and enjoy creativity
- have art-related conversations with other enthusiasts
- watch what other people do and what they like

That's it :)
Welcome to the forums Steam-Powered-Hedgehog!

My favorite part of your first post is definitely the face drawings in the bottom post. I think they are very well structured and read quite nicely. As for your paintings, I see that there is a lot of room for improvement in things such as volume and color theory. I suggest that you read up on how light and color works, as well as on the form principle. May I suggest that you take a look at the book "Color and Light" by James Gurney? It should provide the knowledge you need to improve your work and bring it up a few levels.

Keep up the good work!