Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: MR.K Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently done artworks
This is my first big art piece, semi realistic style was very inspired Kawayoo for the background. But felt kind stuck because of painting ability and understanding of coloring
I am gonna skip the formality to save you time. First of i gonna mention three thing framing,proportion and angle.

Framing is the space that the subject occupy so respect the framing of the original or atleast indicate a ratio you tried to turn the original into.This doesn't mean you have to draw a mural if it a mural you copying/studying from you just have to follow that ratio porpotion for example the mural is 6meter x6 m you can do a small scale version at a 1:1 ratio but your would use a smaller unit of measurement for example centimer and you would get smaller version that 6cm per 6cm for example.You can learn more about that i am sure so i am just giving you a condensed idea of what i mean.

For porportion let define it as the space your object occupy in the frame it can also be thought as the relation of size between two part of an object.

Now for angle what exactly i am refering to well simply the direction of individual part or the total of it part in space for example the men walking is standing but he as to balance himself so he use is arm and leg to balance himself.Making sure those angle are respected will give you the right silouette 

Oh and as a little bonus just add a little line on the arm  to separate the white of the background from the subject here you can get away with it but if you did that  on more than one part it might get confusing as the scene get complex.
Anatomy of torso, I'm work on this week have feeling need to focus on more simply shapes manikin breakdown much more.
Week on line and form
researching how to improve art found Peter Han, recovering Scott Robertson book watching Feng Zhu I will be working more from Scott Robertson and focus on vehicles
I think you would benefit from using graphite pencil which as a the benefit of pressure control(line opacity)as a underlining tool you can erase and then switch to pen.Not only that i think it would help you achieve a bit more clarity because those mirroring can get very messy but i figure it would probably be hard to erase any mistake during the process .

For cross hatching i think what gonna be important is to make a clear separation in your material.
If you are really into crosshatching i recommend the book Pen&Ink Drawing WorkBook BY Alphonso Dun you can also check is youtube channel for more tips on crosshatching and fundamental.

By the way i can already notice an improvement in the quality of image and the drawing itself.When we look at your earlier attempt at the beging of the last post and compare it with the one toward the end.I just got to note that they look like different medium so maybe there a gap in term of graphine pressure control.
Couple weeks practice whet to figure class improve lot from it this week what do move finish pieces this week
(NOT IN ORDER)