Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Tom

Hey everyone. Been following the daggers in the shadows forever, but now the long darkness finally got to me, so i figured i should join in with some crap iv regurgitated somewhat lately.

Trying my best to learn, not entirely sure what direction I'm headed in, so i mostly go by what feels right.
Avoided colors for the longest time, so I'm trying to get into that.
Looking forward to being a part of the group.

Whoa, edited the size of a few images, they were huge. Most of these are obviously unfinished by the way. Specifically the foot of the running bubble boy, man did i have a hard time with that. I will probably revisit it once i get a better hang of foot anatomy.

BlueStar

Wow, I like the child with the bowl on his/her head! Also the cyclops is pretty unusual. LOve it!

Tom

(06-12-2012, 03:45 AM)BlueStar Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, I like the child with the bowl on his/her head! Also the cyclops is pretty unusual. LOve it!

Thank you kindly! Anxiety levels reach close to critical mass first time i post stuff around on a new place. I'm glad you like it!
The child piece is also my fav, I really like the clothes in your pieces.

Tom

(06-12-2012, 03:58 AM)JonHop Wrote: [ -> ]The child piece is also my fav, I really like the clothes in your pieces.

Thank you! I have no idea what I'm doing with the folds, but its something I'm very aware of at least. :)

Okay, so as i said, no real clue what i actually like doing, so here are some experiments, best of the bunch but not all finished. I imagine its from some make believe boardgame i play in my head.

Tom

Aah yeah, sucked into oblivion for a while there. Still painting though.

I spent so much time rendering the character that i figured i could post a zoomed in version of him too. I am somewhat uncertain, but i think the forward facing leg could be a bit fucked up, just does not feel right to me.

The big one is kind of bad, and obviously not finished, but i have never really tried to paint a landscape before, so that was hard. But i did learn a whole lot from it, things i wont do next time. :)

Tom

Been working on this for a while now, its not finished yet but i deem it finished enough to share. This guy really thinks you should buy his trailer, or the possibility of rape increases greatly.
I kind of suck at the whole adding-color-to-black-and-white-stuff kind of thing, so still trying to figure that one out. :)

Tom

Tried getting straight into colors instead of going the black and white route first, many revelations while painting this one.
Its fairly unpolished still, but satisfied with the experience overall. My speed has been picking up alot over the last couple of months too, which is always nice. :)
Not bad Tom, that last one is lookin pretty damn good. Nice work throughout. Also, welcome to the forums!

Tom

(08-27-2012, 03:22 AM)Dennis Kutsenko Wrote: [ -> ]Not bad Tom, that last one is lookin pretty damn good. Nice work throughout. Also, welcome to the forums!

Hey! Thanks for the comment.

So, polished it some more and think ill leave it like this for now, was a very good learning experience, and i hope im able to recreate it even better in the next one. :)
nice lighting on that last one