The Sketchy Sketchbook of ....Sketchyness!!
Cheers dude, yeah I tried draw a box a while back, can't remember why I didn't keep it up but it might've been studying a lot of things at once lol.
I'll get back to them soon, as I recall most draw a box excercises are traditional based right?, going on holiday and i'll be without my tablet so that might be a good time for me to get back into them.

Alright going away for two weeks so I wanted to do a quick update on my shit before I leave.

Redid this pose more gesturaly, also added more negative space and I tried to get some flow and repeating patterns with the hair and clothing, two things i'm not to keen on is the lower torso and the face which i'm gonna redo.
I'm really noticing how bad I am at the lower pelvis and legs atm and in i've been neglecting studying them for years now-__-, i'm almost done with the proko torso assignments atm only having the back muscle ones left so I might as well finish them up first but after that I plan on diving into legs then maybe either hands or clothing.

Also more dat boobz stuff. Really like how my quick sketches are turning out recently, struggled for ages with a good sweet spot on the timer but 7 minutes seems good enough to get everything in without allowing me to get all paranoid about the proportions and measuring as I usually do.

Attached Files Image(s)

Stunning dedication dude. One suggestion, do some studies just tackling prorportios. I think you´re nailing other elements but i think there´s still some progress to be made on that area. Seeing progress!!
Cheers!

I'm back guys! had a lot of fun in Greece, didn't do too much drawing though and it's mainly doodles so I won't bother posting.

RickRichards: Thanks mate, I did a proportion chart here though tbh I'm not sure how to study proportions, I have the basic skeleton proportions here http://www.proko.com/wp-content/uploads/...rt-800.jpg blu tacked to my wall and i've memorized them(same for the head) but I've got no idea how to make use of them or how to study them further barring memorization.
I don't like drawing in realistic proportions and I've got no clue what rules can and cannot be broken to make it fit well in a more anime ish or cartoony style, barring maybe studying other artists.
I also do have an issue with drawing proportions in 3/4 as well though, so I'll try and draw one of those tommorow, I've noticed i have issues even with the torso in 3/4 view, trying to figure out where the shoulder ends in both width and height and the shape of the ribcage are a massive pain.

I'm gonna skip past studying the back torso muscles for the time being, I was trying to go through proko linearly but godamn my legs are terrible and have been for a long time haha, so gonna study them starting tommorow.

Also almost done with the lineart on the Sucy piece, one thing that is really bugging me though is that I can't get the hands looking right, I want them to be more slenderish but I can't seem to get them looking correct in these poses and with the foreshortening, it's frustrating the hell out of me, I probably spent a good 40 mins just redrawing one of them alone [Image: giphy.gif]

Attached Files Image(s)

my triggered! She has a very big neck my friend! maybe push it forward a little or move that hair a bit to make it less thick cuz right now her neck is as thick as her head :O

Glad you're back tho! Legs are fun!

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Hi :), whoa these proportions are not difficult to memorize but if they are hard to apply better learn the big proportions, for example half of the whole body and so on.

The witch scene is great, but be careful with the perspective tries to imagine the scene from another angle analyzes the space and the relationship between objects, you can also add a little more design to the scene. Here some drawings that I did, forgive for the quality. ^^

Attached Files Image(s)

'The best way to have a good ideas is to have a lot of ideas ' Linus Paulingth
Yo everyone, haven't had much time to draw because i caught a massive cold hooray!.
 Feeling better now but I've still got this ongoing cough ugh.

Fedodika:Bah should've gone with my gut on that, I kept thinking something was off about that but wasn't sure haha, thanks dude I tried to fix it as best I can.

Abnormal: Firstly thanks a ton for putting so much work into that critique dude, I really appreciate it!.

I'm confused on where to go with it now though since I don't want to just up and delete half the image, I was thinking of this as a small table cauldron though (like this one https://i.ytimg.com/vi/9x46ijHs0-E/maxresdefault.jpg ) rather then a giant one if that changes anything, but without being able to show the table it's hard to show that.

I'm wondering if making the hand foreshortening and potions bigger and narrowing the cauldron might help.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Quick update of stuff. I finished the first drawabox excercise, leg studies and a few little things i've doodled.

Attached Files Image(s)

Quick update. feeling happy with the lineart here.

I added the legs of the cauldron since I think that might show that it's sitting on a table better, also moved it up a bit so it covers more of the body.
I had trouble thinking up ideas for the background but then I thought to make it mushroom themed, Sucy has an unhealthy obsession with mushroom.

Mostly happy with it but i'm gonna sit on it for a few days, i'm thinking I might seperate the walls a bit more and/or crop the canvas a bit vertically.

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow that's a good amount of lines dude, it's good that you're doing verticals too, nice going.

On that witch piece be careful of the perspective on the ceiling, the eye line looks to be somewhere below the bottom edge of the picture but your vanishing point for the corners of the ceiling looks to be somewhere above her head.

Keep it going fella :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Actually they aren't verticals, I just switched the page around mid way haha, I prefer to try drawing all my lines from a certain angle.

Cheers for the crit, I tried to fix it.

Few quick updates!.
First more Legs! [Image: tumblr_m5qsmihGIq1rwbl7wo1_500.gif]

Drawabox excercises.

I'm not sure if i'm going a bit too dark with the background, also the main source of light will be coming from the cauldron, gonna make it glow later on.
I'm actually a bit stuck with what I plan to do here in general, i'm not sure how painterly or cell shaded I want to go with it.

Attached Files Image(s)

The witch is coming great--good use of values, slightly insane smile to complement the bottle of poison...

I kind of wonder if her head could move a bit to the left, given the face angle (mostly toward the camera). There's something about the way her head sits on her neck that I can't quite place.

In any case, way to work that imagination!

Sketchbook

lines comin along good bud!

That witch looks like the meanest son of a bitch in 9 counties

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Fedodika: Haha, thanks! Good to know i'm doing Sucy justice.
[Image: tumblr_osjlvkljfN1r5h23lo6_500.gif]
Tygerson: Thank you, yeah the heads been bothering me for a long while(it used to be worse), I've accepted defeat on it here I really can't get it right and all the paint layers are on now anyway so it'd be hassle to change.
Basically...I need to doa hell of a lot  more neck studies lol.

Big update, so I was a bit unsure of how to go about painting this, whether to go more cell shaded or painterly, I thought it'd be a good opportunity to do a few studies of artists I like so I did a few of these, feel like I learned quite a bit about how to paint the skin, most of the artists I admire seem to be do it quite similarly with very subtle value changes and not if any contrast.
Hair was a bit different, I think I've got a decent idea of how each artist approaches it but i'm having difficulty trying to combine parts of there methods or replicating them at all.

As for the Sucy piece itself, i'm pretty happy with it right now, not to sure if i'm going over the top with contrast, but it's getting the feel I wanted from the piece.
I spent a long time trying to get the hair right, still not sure if I like it, trying to get a balance of detail and flow in there.

Messed up this study, was trying to figure out how to paint more realistic glass but I was very tired.

And more drawabox dumping, almost at lesson 2 now huzzah!.

Attached Files Image(s)

*burp*

Attached Files Image(s)

the way you write the word "fold" looks like "fuck" :)

Great studies! I love how you pick something--cloth, ellipses, anatomy of the legs, etc and run with it.

Sketchbook

Fedodika: Oh that's not a mistake, I just find it easier to memorize stuff as sex positions, :P.

Tygerson: Thanks!.
Recently i'm honestly not sure if focusing on one thing is the best way to do stuff though, I suppose it can keep me focused on  a specific subject but i'm wondering if it'd be more funner and refreshing to my brain to jump around a lot, i'd be less focused on one specific subject but it might lead to less tunnel vision so that i'm not repeating the same mistakes and just grinding away on something.

Updates, I've began to draw in pen a lot more recently, really starting to enjoy it.

Did a drawing of Dracula since i've gotten pretty crazy over the castlevania anime(that shit is guuud). I heavily reffed the suit from Ayami Kojima's work, and I never really payed much notice of her art before but I really dig it now, not that I thought it was bad before by any means or not interesting, just that i hadn't took any time to look into her work.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Ayane+Kojima+d...&ia=images

Did some gestures from action scenes, parkour and dancing, I probably need to do a lot more of this, action poses are so difficult.

Silly megaman design I did for a drawing challenge on destructoid.

Tried my hand at drawing something more ..anthro..pormorphic(did I say that right?..).
Drawing in pen is makign me have to draw through iteration more, annoyingly i'm much more happy with the thumbnail's gesture then the actual finished one, but i redid it 7 times so to hell with it it's finished haha.

Thinking about spending a bit of time trying to learn how to shade with pen better, I really like this stuff here.
[Image: 21106867_1891992717483525_3321913351959148593_n.jpg]

Lastly i've finally gotten to colouring the Sucy piece.
Trying to go from grayscale like this to colour is so difficult, i'm overwhelmed by it each time i try it.
I'm not sure if I need to lighten up the skin or the light clothing more, something about it just feels a bit muddy right now, Sucy's also incredibly pale so i'm not sure how to colour her or to what extent to do so... I miss cell shading so much simpler haha.

Attached Files Image(s)

Oh hey, I like what you're doing with the box drawing--adding some overall shape to the group.

The witch is coming along great. I busted up laughing at the labels on the bottles.

Sketchbook

forms are lookin solid bro! Yea as you mentioned doin somma that gesture would shoot you ahead i thinks!

Tygerson:Haha. good to hear :)
Fedodika:Yeah i've decided to take Alex woo's drawing class on schoolism(self taught not the feedback one, because i'm a poor starving artist :P). Been very helpful so far, just focusing on getting the line of action down atm.

Ok small update, I think i'm just about done with this, wanted to put one final update of it up just to see if anyone thinks there's anything wrong with it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Fuuuck..it's really been over a month since I last updated?.
I didn't notice the time.

Got a lot of drawabox stuff done, i'll post that in the next update though since I don't want to clog this post up with crap.

Taking Alex Woo's drawing course still, i've been on the second lesson for a few weeks now but i'm really trying to nail it down as best I can, the first lesson is on the line of action while the second is on shapes(not silhouettes).
I'm trying currently to watch one of the crit videos he posted for another student per day(on self taught course you get access to previous crit videos) and see if I can apply them to a 20 min gesture drawing session straight afterwards.

Finished Sucy, which was quite a while back now haha.

And Linktober, so since around the 3rd of October I've been taking part in Linktober(basically inktober but with Zelda prompts),  I have been cheating slightly by drawing the base drawing in pencil before adding ink but i'm really REALLY enjoying this.
I haven't drawn this much from imagination in a long time and it's really helped me loosen up with drawing again and just having fun, i'm not sure but I think I might've had a bit of an improvement spurt during these as well, at the very least i'm remembering to try and account for perspective a lot more in my drawings(Even if i'm still somewhat rubbish at doing so). Bit behind on them but i'm catching up fast.

Attached Files Image(s)