Weekly Art Challenge #3: Creature - Elemental
Topic
Hidden on an islands in the ocean mad scientist are conducting experiments on creatures.
The goal? To create a creature that is part animal, part elemental.
Should they succeed what would this creature look like.

Guidelines
One part of the creature must be an existing animal
The other part needs to be related to one of the basic elements (Air, Earth, Fire, Water and Spirit)
Let your creativity go loose.

Rules
1) Color or black and white, both are allowed
2) Both traditional and digital mediums are allowed
3) Image size can not be too big, nor too small
4) New images only, no old work
5) Take your time for your artwork
6) Get creative but your piece must show some indication of how you followed the theme
7) Have fun!

Deadline
None, you can post these as long as you wish as this is not competitive (yet).
Star 
Too bad nobody got down on this.......this was a fun topic for sure. Bomb

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
To all artists struggling to create and are intimidated by A.I. (anti-imagination)
Sun "Everything has been done, but not by you" Sun
(01-29-2023, 05:34 PM)Lege1 Wrote: Too bad nobody got down on this.......this was a fun topic for sure. Bomb

You should check this post it about creature generator if you want fun challenge that don't need particpant but yourself of course i understand if you like more community driven fun time you can find the creature generator here ---) http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-1...r#pid11495

and you can even use my handy guide on how to spice up your creature design to the next level here ---) http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-6301.html

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(01-29-2023, 05:34 PM)Lege1 Wrote: Too bad nobody got down on this.......this was a fun topic for sure. Bomb

Huh, nice painting! Ice gorilla. Did you do this just now after all these years?

@darktiste: Thanks so much again for that great feedback and generous info drop, I greatly appreciate your interest, and generosity. Yes, I do enjoy the community activities more because it is great to have community especially creative community. We are a small subculture of people who are involved with stuff like this at this time in the world it seems, so I do cherish community efforts and gatherings. I respect the time struggle and that many don't have time to participate and so forth, but I cherish the times when everyone can participate, learn, and enjoy themselves, and creating the art is always exciting; at least to me it is.

@joesephcow: Surprisingly enough, I'm just a very spontaneous creative who strikes lightning fast at the opportunity of something inspiring me =) I'm glad you like the image. I tend to put more into the image making aspects of things than the overall concept because that is the part I enjoy most and take on more of the form of an Illustrator than concept artist. I do enjoy the concept process of coming up with an idea, but I definitely like illustrating it more. I hope you are well and great work again on the forums.

*I attached a copy of my first creature generation if either of you is interested  Bomb

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
To all artists struggling to create and are intimidated by A.I. (anti-imagination)
Quote:@joesephcow: Surprisingly enough, I'm just a very spontaneous creative who strikes lightning fast at the opportunity of something inspiring me =) I'm glad you like the image. I tend to put more into the image making aspects of things than the overall concept because that is the part I enjoy most and take on more of the form of an Illustrator than concept artist. I do enjoy the concept process of coming up with an idea, but I definitely like illustrating it more. I hope you are well and great work again on the forums.

*I attached a copy of my first creature generation if either of you is interested  Bomb

Ooh I actually like that  creature generation, that seems like a tough but fun one. Are you gonna give it a go? If so maybe I'll sketch something too. I also am the same way, I'm more inclined toward illustration, I usually design things to the level where it works in a painting, and then no further. I want to get into more concepting in the future, though, it's a different way of looking at things that I think I could be good at, though I'm not sure the professional side of it really appeals to me much.

@JoesephCow: I'm really glad you like that creature generation, and I don't think it has to be that hard, let's just have fun with it and do what we do =) I'm gonna give it a go bro! I totally understand on the illustration versus concept situation, we should just do whatever it is we enjoy. Letz Rawwwwk!!!

Here's some additional info on my creature concept based on the great information that @darktiste shared.

CREATURE GEN #1

-=ARCHETYPE=-
ROLE:
-Predator
SEX:
-Male

CLASSIFICATION:
-Plant Type

CHARACTERISTICS:
-Increased Sensitivity

HABITAT:
-Terrestrial

COURTSHIP DISPLAY:
-Posture

ELEMENT/COLOR:
-Earth/Brown

ACTIVITY:
-Agressive

-=PHYSICAL TRAITS=-
BODY SHAPE:
-Sharp

HEIGHT:
-20ft + Very Large

EYES:
-One

-=ADDITIONAL=-
ENVIRONMENT:
-Ruin

ATTACK MECHANISM:
-Slam Damage: constriction
-Bite Damage: mouth and teeth
-Claw Damage: poking appendage

DEFENSE MECHANISM:
-Camouflage
-Skin Propriety: poisonous
-Invulnerability: fire

LOCOMOTION:
-Tentacles/Roots

TYPE MODIFIER:
-Earth

INTERESTING CONCEPT:
-Abomination

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001

@JosephCow this is how it went...

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
A true ancient abomination

My Sketchbook
@darktiste lol, I hope that's a good thing

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
I think it is!

It does look formidable. For a tree to be invulnerable to fire, it must be very special though :)

(02-02-2023, 07:20 PM)Lege1 Wrote: @JosephCow this is how it went...

niiiice that's awesome lol. I like how its one eye is in kind of a random place like a lovecraftian abomination.

Here's my idea. Wouldn't say it's great, kinda similar idea as the guardians in breath of the wild but that's what I got

Attached Files Image(s)

@Leo Ki Haha, thanks man, yeah it is a very special tree, it likes warm hugs from time to time especially on cold winter days when it's branches are a bit limp,lol.

@JosephCow Thanks so much dude and glad you likes. Yes, you totally get the one eye being non symmetric! lol Awesome!

Great work on your abomination, that has sooo much potential to be developed out farther, I had to go ahead and paint into it just for practice and fun. Hope you like it broski!

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
I love it! Thanks!

I still like the first one i am not saying it a better design than the second design but i feel it as more of the usual abomination feeling which is to have feature where you would not expect it to be such as the mouth about the eye.That why creatively speaking it think it a more courageous take.The problem with the second design is that to me it fall to near a more classic treant .I would also credit it for being more respectful to to a large amount of the restriction. Specifially the ruin constraint.Some of the problem you didn't seem to visual solve was how to represent it invulnerability or how to imply is poisonous skin.

My Sketchbook
I mean, I wouldn't really expect a tree to have an eye... anywhere

They both look like they could bring a brief smile upon your face before terminating you in a thousand different ways if you get too close. They can't run, can they?

Can they?

@Darktiste Thanks for that input as always and great input indeed it is. I went ahead and revamped the image based on your crit that I feel could push the image a little farther. I thought the mention of showing the being fire proof along with showing the poisonous skin were definitely big missing factors.

@JosephCow Awesome man and for sure! Here's an update...

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
Would be hard to showcase a invulnerability in a static image that why often creature with invulnerability are of a similar type as the attack type they are invulnerable against.But since he is already covered in poison it would be hard to add visually to the design.Sometime you reach a point where thing kinda fight for attention.But i think instead of all the body being immune he could have some part of is body immune instead this way you can create point of interest like the hand for example could be full of fire retardant sap this way for example in a video game you would have to move around to find is weaker point when he is shielding himself with is hand.Think about dark soul if you know the game.

My Sketchbook