Martijn's book
Interesting stuff here dude, i love this style you've got going on here. Nice work!

Wow, your style is something else! Really inspiring stuff here, dude. *subscribed*
holy colormindfuck batman! that is some juice juice stuff you got in this sketchbook. DAMN! i gotta learn more! really inspiring!

Warburton, thanks dude.
natzetta , Thanks for stopping by.
Raman Djafari, Baa60776047352f3

I'm playing around with the hsb slider.. hue ( color ) , saturation , b ( values )

Attached Files Image(s)

WOooo, that Ivy last page turned out amazing, would "like" that post more than once if I could! There's some issues there with the eye placement, but it looks simply amazing. Really huge fan of all this new stuff. Really great work!
random experiments..

great stuff ...

just wanted to let you know that your use of colour is really inspiring me to push my colour usage. the best word to describe your colours would be .. juicy, i guess.
at the moment i'm really trying my best to learn a lot from your studies, and apply what i understand while looking at them.

Some sketches..last one started with a random photo.

Attached Files Image(s)

Ah! I just adore Yours experiments with the lightning. And your approach is different from many here. The combination of blurry, soft and rough makes me interested in these!

Mannequin's Blog :)

Mannequin's CD sketchbook

Deviantart - Add me to Friend list :)

man, I love the way you handled hard and soft edges in #46!
Thank y'all rock!

Tried a different method for environments : http://www.youtube.com/user/shaddy1100

Attached Files Image(s)

More landscapes and testing some brushes.

So much greatness around here. You are an inspiration.

Would love to see some more mechanical stuff from you!

Thanks Bemota, i'd love to do more scifi.

morning mouse-painted doodles..note, i discovered perspective transform and clipping layers.

landscape:
Working on forms is not as hard with lasso tool heavy painting, not as fun though.

The forest greyscale came out alright but i find myself intimitated to paint opaque over the rendered monochromatic image.. The colors are dead in the image below where i just used a color layer.

I did however create a clipping mask thingy for all major forms in the forest so if i really wanted to i could introduce color with more confidence.

Attached Files Image(s)

I really like your painterly style Martijn, and some of your paintings are really stunning. I have one piece of criticism - I would stop using the smudge tool, or whatever tool you are using to blend. In some of your paintings it has lowered the quality. It's destroys the interesting edges that are formed between brush strokes and on the edges of forms.
Really nice work. You have an eye for light, focus and ambience.

the way you combine different textures from total sharpness to something completely soft...
I see literally tons of potential in your experiments, keep working mate, i need to see more! :)

Brainfruit, Thanks for the feedback. yeah i kind of figured out the properties of the smudge tool..and how my early work looks awful with the abuse of mixer brushes.

ndhill, EduardoGaray, thanks guys!

Went with a more painterly aproach..still suck at trees haha.

Attached Files Image(s)