BLOODSPORT 13 - TIME WARRIORS
hey everyone, really nice work so far!

here's some premature drafts from me

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi... I was so excited about this that I almost started crying like a little baby...

Here are the thumbnails I did, one ruff of the thumbnail I chose... Some figure studies for the poses I need... I took pictures of myself with similar light sources like in my painting (taught it may be helpful later on). And some studies I needed for this painting... Didn't do armor studies because i did them before....

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1740817&d=1362947866]
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1740821&d=1362947908]
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1740818&d=1362947899]
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1740820&d=1362947905]
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1740819&d=1362947902]

And here is the WIP so far... But this is not close to the final I got all of it on separate layers so I will adjust the lighting and separate characters from background... Also add color, textures, add a laser gun in the sidekicks hand etc...

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1740824&d=1362948108]

I was really not sure where I wanted to go with this.
Started with a few sketches for characters and decided on a composition, but not quite sure about the warrior design yet. I'm somewhere between 3 and 4. Guess I'll do a few more scribbles and see where I get with this :)

Great to see all the different approaches! :D

UPDATE: Now with two more Warrior Designs. Now I can't decide which one to pick of the last two D:

Inspiring stuff all around.

[Image: jOlJuQG.gif]

another bunch of...khm...yup...i'll do more

everyone is throwing out some great stuff! here i have some quick early design sketches of things i want to include in the final illustration. still early concepts so design and colors will be changing, adding new elements as well.

[Image: 56c485e2-688f-4c3f-bfc0-b6ff2e4c04d1_zps3c4deddd.jpg]

[Image: bloodsportstuff1_zps38d608f1.jpg]

[Image: bloodsportstuff2_zps7d4efef2.jpg]
Slowly working on the idea...
[Image: fBQB5BX.jpg]
I'll move to the designs next and probably generate some new ideas.

Couple rough studies and a super rough comp.. I'm not convinced yet.

Bloodsports 13 is gonna be so awesome! Here's some thumbs. Thanks

Looking good everyone!

@Kamiru - You might wanna check your leg proportions.

I don't feel I'm hitting the mark yet. Still need to change some stuff, but here is what I have for the most part.Insane

Good to see everyones stuff! Keep it up!
here is mine so far, i have studies on a seperate page for the rocks, the leather jacket and some zombie knights. And will be doing reptile studies for the dragon skin. The composition worried me when i was starting it but the addition of the rocks leading upwards kind of sells the triangle i hope.
Never done a bloodsports before so this is good fun!

Hi guys!
I don't have time to participate in the challenge, but here are some amazing refs from sixmorevodka about how to successfully combine SF with fantasy.You've probably seen it before, but here it is

http://sixmorevodkastudio.blogspot.ro/20...-into.html
WIP of the character, I also did a study but that's not finished yet...

[Image: iLlsQOn2LnOgX.jpg]

Polishing, polishing, fixing, fixing before colouring! :)

Great work so far, guys!
Here is my favorite 3 thumbnails out of maybe 10 that I did. Super loose and might not make much sense to anyone but me. I think I will go with the far right, kind of cliché comp. but I think it allows me to show what I want to show for the story and gives a feeling of surprise and awe in the main character while also depicting him as a hero type.
Or maybe everything I just said is pure nonsense and it will all go to hell, we'll see.

Really motivating to see all these cool entries, here are my comp sketches so far
Feedback is welcome :D

Sketchbook | Deviantart | Blog

"The difficulties of not knowing are much greater than the effort of learning"
Cool to see so many really putting the effort in!

I did some more work on mine, started to render the basics and changed colors/ moved stuff around. I hope I can do a good chunk of work on it tomorrow :-)

Some concepts for the girl ...

Hello Everybody,

This is the concept of my entry for the bloodsports challenge. I want to illustrate, in an alternate future, the Conquestadore Empire has taken over the cyborg world. Our 15th century Filipino warrior/hero from the past happen to wander around an ancient tomb which unknowingly had a futuristic technology that transported him to an alternate future with cyborg spanish conquestadors. hahah..Thus, it is our hero's task together with his cyborg eagle sidekick, who can transform into a cannon, a gigantic sword, dual wield kali sticks, and a wing suit and attach with him ala "The Centurions" POWER EXTREME!!!to enhance his obsolete and primitive weapons and gear to stop the madness of the Villainous Conquestadore Empire.

Anyway, here are my concept skeches and photo references. Also, in the final illustration I plan to make this into a full picture book cover spread so that i can show the blurb at the back "The evil wizard Xakxis has plunged the kingdom of Schaat' Nath into darkness! Only YOU, Dillon Kobrax, and your faithful sidekick can stop his evil reign! travel out of time to exciting kingdoms of the past or future to determine the kingdom's fate!'

Oh, and pardon the crappy pics i am too lazy to scan my sketches.....

Hey Guys! Awesome work, great progress!

this is just a WIP, will share some updates soon!
Please let me know if you guys like it. would love some critique.

Rahul Ujjal | 2D Game Artist at we.R.play |www.facebook.com/RUartworks