Mr. Toodles sketch book
shape sketch being at the airport is funnnnnnnnn

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
wow-ee school is becoming ever more time consuming, trying to study mass with tone, gonna work on the last one for a while

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
Studies look great. :)

Thank you prabu :), more quick warm ups and progress on this here long one

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
found some time, gonna bring my laptop to school so i don't have to drive back to start on stuff, its literally boiling down to micro managing minute intervals.

more stuff on that figure and some ideas for DOTA items

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
sketch for the night

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
thumbnail, now a long hiatus

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
inspired by the hobbit and the man with the iron fists

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
I give you sparkles the wolf of icerack

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
sparkles makes me very happy :3 nice sketchbook mate :)
I'm glad ward :) it took 16 hours to figure out how to actually get it into the game, now its time to animate

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
Time to hurt your eyes muwahaha

so i'm doing a sicescroller, and i need to make readable characters of the smaller size of this character, and i need some critique on what to do with it.

the size they will be in game

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
hes almost finished :D

update- I still want to work on the collar and chest, im undecided on what to do to it so far. Im pretty happy with the pelt, the tail has been updated right after i took these screens to get rid of the little black line it just takes forever for the time to change in game to get night and day pictures lol

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
No lines, dun dun dunnnnnnn. im trying to paint simplified shapes. this was a 30 minute sketch of pushing around blobs

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
sketching, happy thanksgiving and stuff

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
Hey there Toodles!

Awesome work man, love the little creature :D
I was browsing your thread during my lunch time at work, and I didnt had the time to properly comment. I hope this feedback is useful - It was given to me earlier this year, and it helped a lot with drawing and understanding shapes.

When we start drawing, we just stitch various details together and hope for it to form an image, but that usually leads to bad results.
You see - when like drawing faces. The problem is that drawing a face is like drawing the handle of a teacup. You can draw the most perfect handle for it, but if it doesn't attach right to the cup itself, the whole things falls apart.
So we need to keep in mind we are drawing a TEACUP, not a handle. Not the details. not an eye, a nose, we are drawing a head.

And by that we need to imply much more than a central axis of the head.
The way they taught me was to actually try and see the head inside a box. More than just axis of the face, every edge in the box should look good in relations to the other edges. So when you start looking what should align with what on the bigger picture, it starts to get much easier to visualize what is going wrong.

Let me try to illustrate this:
[Image: PO-06.jpg]

You see how the 1st box is heavily distorted?
I tried to make the box look a bit more natural and "boxy". And I adjusted the head to feel boxy and make the edges properly align. I am not sure if It is fitting 100% because of you're seeing the down side of the nose and the eyes, you probably need to see under the chin too.
And that means we are seeing the bottom side of the box too. Everything need to be coherent.

You imply boxes with everything you draw that exists in space. Torso, arms, legs, noses, fingers, everything. If the bone parts doesn't read as a box your drawing will probably look off.

So the tip is to think this from the biggest shape possible to the smaller ones. The bigger ones will always dictate where the details will lie. Every body landmark Loomis and Proko are always talking about (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwt_wggUFHg) usually fits in a box, and they should read a nice, non-distorted box for it too feel dimensional :)

Hope this helps!
Keep it up! :D

whaaat, Thanks giiiiirl haha I didn't see this post until today I really appreciate the comment and the advice :)

I did this as a warm up this morning gonna get back into that portrait later today :D

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
Dota 2 splash screen based off of jim murray <3 w.i.p.

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
Day3 made a maquette, did a value study, started again i need some crit on what to doooooooooo

Workshop enthusiast
Blog!
Steam
Workshop blog
Strim
Wow, heaps of improvement on this one over the last one. Not 100% sure what you are aiming to do with this piece. Especially since I don't know anything about DoTA 2, but I would recommend trying to find examples of what you want to include, I think from the first one you are looking at magic? Find an image of the sort of magic you want to use, it can be another aritst you admire's work and do a study of it then try and apply it to yours. A solid drawing is also a good foundation to work from, I know a lot of people like to work in shapes, and thats cool, but I still think working out where everything is first is a good idea.

Oh and in regards to your comment in my SB, those studies took me anywhere from 2 or so hours to about 15min for the ones from memory.