Sula's Sketchbook
<3 warlock!

Oooh love the eyes! The nose looks a bit big to me due to the way the lit area is melting with the cheek (or maybe because of the direction the shadow on the lower side of the nose indicates?). You ARE getting a grip on that lost/soft/hard edge thing though, looking great!

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!
@Lyraina: thank you! Can I blame the ref? hahah

Quick sketch done for fun. YuYu Hakusho fanart:
[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-92.jpg]

Daam its been way too long since I last stopped by here D: Im so sorry lol. On the other hand it gives me a chance to see how much you've been improving and kicking complete ass. So much awesome stuff, and your overall quality and polish in your pieces has levelled up a ton.

Your always an inspiration and it makes me happy to see you destroying here. Keep it up :)

Kurama! I thought he was a girl for an embarrassingly long time, having a crush on "her" and all...

Focus.
@Warburton: <3 yay! Thank you man! I needed the boost <3
@Meat: Hahah here is a trivia: Kurama was voiced by a woman, her name is Ogata Megumi. Ogata also voiced Haruka, Sailor Uranus from SailorMoon - a VERY tomboy girl who made a lot of girls sexually confuse back in the day too. So yeah, let's just blame the incredible voice actress (she has some awesome music btw <3). (I had a crush on both Kurama and Haruka hahah)

Aight! So.
You all know Sketchbook pro is out with that $3/month sub plan.
I used the perspective tool to sketch a fix for an old enviro sketch.. which shamefully I HAD use a grid for in first place. DAMN how could I get it SO WRONG even using a grid?
Anyway, never drawing perspective without that tool ever again. I heard Lazy Nezumi is going to do something similar for photoshop too, so yay!

It's amazing how much you can learn with this thing. Since it snaps, you're trying to draw the box the way you imagine it is, but the software makes the line be drawn on the right place - and you immediately notice how off you were.
Heh.

And I'll hopefully be done with all (or most) my deadlines) in a few more weeks and I'll be back studying. This perspective thing kicked my ass pretty good.

[Image: Enviro-28.jpg]

Quick anartomy/value study before bed :)

[Image: Photo-study-80.jpg]

Adventures in soft edges
[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-94.jpg]

Really cool SB you got going on in here. Been meaning to comment on it for a while, but I didn't know what to say crit-wise. The worst part is I still don't know cause you keep progressing awesomely, so I'm gonna go the easy way and state the obvious: COOL STUFF xD

Now seriously, really digging this last painting, really good edge control , comp and deliberate values ( I wouldn't have been able to refrain myself from making the occlussion on the armpit pitch blackl lol) you're headed in a really cool direction kinda wanna see some character with more intrincate stuff in this style, I bet it would rock my world!

SB
@Suira: thanks man. Yeah, I want to do a more detailed piece soon, but I only have a few hours here and there and not enough time to delve deep into it for now - so I'll stick with studies a little longer.

So I managed to do another one today :)
[Image: Photo-study-81.jpg]

:) him again... great textures on the fabrics. His face is a bit to soft for my taste.
Keep going Sula. And i hope you are so busy because you make a whole lot of money!

@Wolken: thanks man. As always, having a hard time with edges

I'm not sure where I even want to go with this?
Not updating feel like slacking, but I have been hiding more and more stuff this days :( sorry!

[Image: Photo-study-82.jpg]

Always inspiring to go through your sketchbook, hope you're having a good day! Keep working hard! :D

I just went through your entire sketchbook and daaaaaaaamn girl, you got skillz xD It's impressive to see your evolution and i gotta admit that some of you still lives had me picking my jaw up from the ground for their pure awesomeness, so keep it up because i really wanna see more from you :D

Hey Sula! Amazing works, your brushstrokes really starts to speak in your own language, I'm pretty sure now I could recognize your art anywhere just by the way how you apply brushes! Sweet own style! Keep it up! :)

@ImSkeptical: Thanks man :D trying hehe!
@Renato: yay! Thank you :)
@Madia: Really? yay! Still a bit unsure on how to work it outside sketches, and this was what I was trying to figure out today.. Not as obvious as I'd like :p Thank you!

So!
Hahahah I will need to do a live demo next Wednesday, and MAN I feel out of practice. I was doing this to warm up to it (and to test camtasia), and to see if I could control edges and values a bit more.. but uh. Not sure about it. I think the inital composition was off anyway. I couldn't decide what to paint, so I went for everything (lol)

Yay! The timelapse thing worked, check it out: http://youtu.be/IT1HdI5jHRc

[Image: Life-painting-15.jpg]

Kicking ass as usual Ursula, giving me a guilt trip that I should do some still life as well, which I have been avoiding for years.

Love all the kinds of different materials you've got in there. And your courage to work with comparably few layers :O

Good luck/have fun with the live demo :)

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!
@Rafa: go for it, it is fun when you start and a great way to learn materials :D
@Lyraina: <3 Yes! I have been successful with fewer layers, yay! Thank you!

I have been under with line work and other that I had the feeling I didn't know how to paint anymore. So I went rogue with a study.

[Image: Photo-study-83.jpg]

Kicking ass, Sula, kicking much-a ass!

*gulp*
My two cents... don't hide stuff (unless it's NDA), D: as tempting as it may be, we're all still here to learn and grow. Having feedback on the studies/sketches you found difficult could really be the best way to level up!

Noooow to watch that timelapse o/

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Man, your edges are getting sooooo much better. So jelly.

You definitely still know how to paint...

Is that still life naturally lit? Its either a really well lit globe, or you are very good at not chasing shadows as the sun moves.. which sadly I fail at..

Actually, anything that involves real sun I fail at

*closes curtains, plunging the room into darkness*