Crimson Daggers — Art forum
one_two's sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: one_two's sketchbook (/thread-8994.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21


RE: one_two's sketchbook - one_two - 04-09-2026

psh.psh


RE: one_two's sketchbook - one_two - 04-14-2026

psh.psh


RE: one_two's sketchbook - Artloader - 04-15-2026

Beautiful one_two! Love the drapery especially!


RE: one_two's sketchbook - one_two - 04-17-2026

Artloader, thanks, I'm glad you like it

Probably that's it for now. Might add a few adjustments here and there after some time, who knows.




RE: one_two's sketchbook - Crowbit - 04-21-2026

waaaaa this is an absolute stunner! You absolutely smashed the forms on the 2 fountain elements, but the comp is amazing


RE: one_two's sketchbook - one_two - 04-23-2026

Crowbit, thanks for commenting and giving a hint about forms on the fountain elements. Decided to get rid of dark shadows and make them look more appropriate for the diffused light in the overall scene. Probably that's not the last adjustment on this piece but anyways, here's another stage and also a transferred drawing for the next oil painting.


RE: one_two's sketchbook - one_two - 05-03-2026

psh.psh


RE: one_two's sketchbook - Artloader - 05-03-2026

Nice One_two! It must be a fine balance between putting in the ground and still being able to see the linework beneath it.  The first guy that you have painted is looking great already though - looking forward to seeing the progress here [Image: thumbsup.png].


RE: one_two's sketchbook - twilightsglow - 05-07-2026

Your red dress painting turned out beautifully. The fountains and buildings look incredible!


RE: one_two's sketchbook - one_two - 05-12-2026

Artloader, thanks, it is a fine balance indeed

twilightsglow, thanks, I'm glad you like it

Managed to take better pictures of 3 of my older oil paintings.


RE: one_two's sketchbook - Jephyr - 05-17-2026

The lady in red turned out very well.  You put an amazing amount of detail into your paintings.


RE: one_two's sketchbook - one_two - 05-25-2026

Jephyr, thanks for feedback, glad you like it
Here's a fragment from a recent WIP oil painting


RE: one_two's sketchbook - Ortani - 06-02-2026

Your older pieces look amazing! crazy amount of detail work with all that colour but also how you manage to deal with perspective/focus, it's impressive :D

You started the massive fight scene! I will be patiently waiting for updates, looking great already :)


RE: one_two's sketchbook - one_two - 06-15-2026

Ortani, thanks for feedback, I'm glad you like those paintings. Yep, started the fight scene which is going to take a massive amount of time :D
Here's a little update of it and a photo I took after applying varnish on the last painting with the red dress.


RE: one_two's sketchbook - one_two - 07-16-2026

psh.psh


RE: one_two's sketchbook - one_two - 07-27-2026

psh.psh


RE: one_two's sketchbook - Ortani - 08-04-2026

Woahhh, you did so much with the fight scene already! It's looking amazing! You captured the different materials so well, it's so cool seeing come to life :D

It's same with the red dress piece too! I love how you manage texture/materials, very inspiring! I would like to try oil paint at some point in my life (I just need a little more space haha)


RE: one_two's sketchbook - one_two - 08-24-2026

Ortani, thanks pal, I wish I'd done more. Glad you feel inspired, oils are a great medium for painting (the best for me)! Go for it!


RE: one_two's sketchbook - one_two - 09-21-2026

psh.psh


RE: one_two's sketchbook - jeremygordonart - 09-23-2026

Wow, this is quite an ambitious piece you're working on! Love to see it, definitely looking forward to the final! : D

I think it's overall looking really cool, lots of dynamic poses, great expressions, really makes me think of something that you'd see from the Middle Ages battle scenes.

The one thing that jumps out to me as I scan over it, if I had to offer something at this stage, is the size of the man's head on the very left (I circled him in red). I placed his head next to a couple other guys that are on the same plane or further back to show how much smaller his head appears. I thin since most of the other heads are all more roughly the same size that one just jumped out to me.

Keep going, this is going to be epic when it's done!