Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Rognoll's Sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Rognoll's Sketchbook (/thread-3157.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Rognoll's Sketchbook - Matija Vuk - 09-06-2013

Now, this is a good base. Think for a while what you could improve on it ?

TIP - add a bit darker values now, since you aproach your art with very light values, after that compare if it is any better. When you realize it is, go on, add a bit more darker values.
With time you will see values properly as they are in real world and imitate that in your art.

RE: Rognoll's Sketchbook - Rognoll - 09-07-2013

Thanks a lot Matija! I'll try to add more value to it, then post it here. Also, I'll try to color it.

Now, a thing I've been working on [Image: futuro_pasado_boceto_by_dadapan-d6lavl6.png]

RE: Rognoll's Sketchbook - Archreux - 09-07-2013

The self portrait and Adventure Time fanart came out really good, definitely seeing some level ups happening!
That steam punk piece came out alright as well, there are still a few issues with the pose and anatomical structure, but other than that it's a step forward int he right direction.

Good stuff! :D

RE: Rognoll's Sketchbook - JonVenske - 09-09-2013

I wanted to check out your sketchbook and I have to say that being someone who struggles with coming up with material out of imagination lately I'm impressed by the ideas you have in here. Nice work!

RE: Rognoll's Sketchbook - Rognoll - 09-11-2013

@ Archerux: Thanks, man! Thanks gfor the encouraging, it means a lot :) Yeah, I didn;t see all its mistakes at first, but now I see the whole work needs fixing.

@JonVenske: Really? Cool! I'm flattered! You're a really good artist! Thanks a lot!

Now, another skectch from the same work I've been working one. I've been sort of busy this week :/
[Image: futuro_pasado2_by_dadapan-d6lsm1b.png]

RE: Rognoll's Sketchbook - Felidarc - 09-11-2013

That last sketch is coming along nicely! Cant wait to see it finished. I think you could push values a bit further to focus more on the main point of interest. Frame your interest point with the values =) so far it looks a bit like grey mass. Keep working hard!

RE: Rognoll's Sketchbook - Joe777k7 - 09-12-2013

Wow the styles you use in your paintings and line work is really something to look at. Really digging the types of works you paint and draw. I see alot of progress between now and when you started this sketchbook. Keep up the great work and thanks for stopping by my sketchbook! :)

RE: Rognoll's Sketchbook - Rognoll - 09-12-2013

(09-11-2013, 06:43 PM)Felidarc Wrote: That last sketch is coming along nicely! Cant wait to see it finished. I think you could push values a bit further to focus more on the main point of interest. Frame your interest point with the values =) so far it looks a bit like grey mass. Keep working hard!

Thank you! I'm working on that right now! It was really helpful :)

(09-12-2013, 06:04 AM)Joe777k7 Wrote: Wow the styles you use in your paintings and line work is really something to look at. Really digging the types of works you paint and draw. I see alot of progress between now and when you started this sketchbook. Keep up the great work and thanks for stopping by my sketchbook! :)

Wow! thanks! :D I'm really glad to hear so, although I have not progressed as much as I had planned. I guess I've got to work harder.
No probs, impressive stuff.

Now, more.
[Image: futuro_pasado3_by_dadapan-d6lxv3q.png]

RE: Rognoll's Sketchbook - Rognoll - 09-12-2013

And now, some more pokemon fanart

[Image: micaela2_by_dadapan-d6lzgic.png]

RE: Rognoll's Sketchbook - ramalooke - 09-12-2013

Heeeey, nice sketchbook you have here mate ;) Try to study some anatomy and do some still lifes. It should help you improve a lot faster. Keep pushing it! Cheers ;3

RE: Rognoll's Sketchbook - Tygerson - 10-02-2013

Yes! Great value range and explosive action!

RE: Rognoll's Sketchbook - Rognoll - 10-04-2013

Thanks, tyger!
Ramalooke, you're definitely right. I have many basics to learn.

I've been away CD for a while, but now I'm back.

[Image: sorcereress_by_dadapan-d6oml5c.png]

[Image: nicodemus_by_dadapan-d6p389f.png]

What do you guys think? I've been practicing glows.

RE: Rognoll's Sketchbook - Nika - 10-04-2013

Wow! I really like your sketchbook! I like the brushes you use, it give you a style that I think is really unique. There's a lot of creativity in your designs! Great job

RE: Rognoll's Sketchbook - Rognoll - 10-04-2013

Thanks, Nika! I actually hate using those chalky bruches though.

RE: Rognoll's Sketchbook - kerm - 10-04-2013

Nice colors on the red-head woman. Love the way that warm light influece skin/dress colors.

RE: Rognoll's Sketchbook - Rognoll - 10-11-2013

Thank you, Kerm, been practicing a lot with lightning.

Now, more of the same: Light

[Image: heruman2_by_dadapan-d6pydkd.png]

And a study of this famous scene, needs a huge lot more of work

[Image: portraying_and_olor_practice_by_dadapan-d6pyevr.png]

RE: Rognoll's Sketchbook - Rognoll - 10-15-2013

[Image: agua_by_dadapan-d6qk4h8.png]

Children illustration

RE: Rognoll's Sketchbook - Rognoll - 10-16-2013

and lapras [Image: lapras_by_dadapan-d6qkx05.png]

RE: Rognoll's Sketchbook - Rognoll - 10-17-2013

Some monsters practice, I've been playing too much pokemon.

These are not fakemon, fakemon are lame. These are just made up creatures.

[Image: rawrs_by_dadapan-d6qonwb.png]

RE: Rognoll's Sketchbook - Prabu - 10-17-2013

Those are some cool creatures :)
I used to watch Pokemon but stopped because there were too many of them to keep up with :/