Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Sula's Sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Sula's Sketchbook (/thread-141.html)

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - ndhill - 08-30-2012

Great stuff. That last face study is really nice.

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 08-30-2012

@Simonar: Thanks! Actually I do have a little bit, but only as colorist.
@Dennis: I am having way too much fun with it too stop haha xD
@james: Thanks! Will try :D
@jake: Well, I want to wait him to make the class public by blogging about it, but I can already tell you it's the best class I have had in a long time. It is intense man.
@ndhill: Thanks man!

So!
Few more hours into this one! I can't stop myself from working on it. yay
[Image: Volvagia-03.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - DK - 08-30-2012

Whew, comin out awesome.

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Veneq - 08-30-2012

That's an awesome feeling when you become obsessed with working on a piece and it's not out of hatred or frustration! It's looking awesome!

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - rookie - 08-31-2012

[Image: Volvagia-03.jpg]
Oh no you did not just go there!! oh yes she did!! Loving this Ursula!!!

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - JonHop - 08-31-2012

The zelda piece is turning out so awesome!! Keep pushing it as far as you can go with that one really loving it! Also the self portrait was done nicely. (And yes picking up the ball if you drop it is always possible ;) good hustle and heart just like you nee din basketball lol ).

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 08-31-2012

Thanks guys :D

And yes Pierce, it is hehe

Here, follow up from today. Couple more hours in. Need to polish the dragon and the flames now.
[Image: Volvagia-04.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 09-02-2012

:D

[Image: Volvagia-05.jpg]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VRr9NG7RE0

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - DK - 09-02-2012

Lookin goooood Ursula! Wish he had his shield and sword, but still hotttt.

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Laura_H - 09-02-2012

Swweeeet, looks awesomely toasty :D <3

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - iCi - 09-03-2012

Yes! :)

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - ramalooke - 09-03-2012

really good job on your zelda piece ;3 I love it ^^

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - CKL - 09-05-2012

Daaaamn! Those last two updates knock it out just right. How many hours total?

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Warburton - 09-07-2012

That last zelda piece is beautifully painted, and brings back some fond childhood memories ;) Great work

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 09-08-2012

Oh whoa, thanks for all the replies guys!
Just dropping by quickly to say how real life has bitten my sorry ass this week. My freelance is overdue, some technical trouble at my studio made the situation there pretty hectic too - and my assignment for this week for Chris Oatley's class is less thans satisfactory, so I need to rework it.
And also a little something more I need to work on, so I have 0 time left. Time to stop sleeping? Well.

@Dennis: Thanks man! The reception on this was so good I am planning on doing some more boss battles. Sword and shield on its way!
@Laura: Thanks :D
@iCi: thanks man!
@Rama: <3 Thanks!
@Corey: Thanks! I think around 15-18h-ish. Didn't really track time on this one.
@Warburton: Thanks :D

Since the rule is not update without posting anything, this is part of the assignment for Chris Oatley class. Look at how beautifully skewed my borders are :D What is a ruler? Also, my shape perception hurts me hahahah. I don't really like retouching the stuff I scanned in photoshop - its just the idea is to get better at this stuff, not to conceal my laziness/lack of skill, right?

[Image: 04.jpg]
[Image: 06.jpg]
[Image: 15.jpg]
[Image: 19.jpg]
[Image: 24.jpg]

Oooh.
Another silly idea I have in mind, is another tutorial-like there called In-depht Layer Palette for Photoshop. I will try to explain what every button do, layer masks, layer locks, layer modes, and every shortcut I know for that. Is it useful? Would anyone like that? If the reception is good, and I can try and cover other palettes.

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - JonHop - 09-08-2012

Hey Sula, thought I'd drop back in see how things were going, great work on the zelda piece (sadly it's too big to fit on my little screen without scrolling tho lol)! Plus that assignment seems like a great exercis, Keep pushing it.

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 09-10-2012

@Jon: thanks man :D

Is this getting any better?
I need to do a shit-ton more of thumbnails this week, so it will still be low profile for me. I'll pile them up and snap a photo or something. I am even using gouache and my sharpie dried on me today - so I stop to sketch a bit and see if I can still do it.

[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-17.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Jonesoda - 09-10-2012

Damn lookin good! Link and the Dragon painting is awesome, this portrait is really nice to. hope to see some more sometime soon

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 09-16-2012

@Jonesoda: Thanks man :D

Hey guys!
So this is what I have been doing:
[Image: COA-01.jpg]

There are a few pages more done with sharpies that I can't find for the life of me. The idea was to exaust all the possibilities of a composition - I am going to do at least 4 more pages today, but I run out of tape to mask borders and this is forcing to change techniques... which is good in the end of the day.

Yestarday I was hurting to produce something quick for me, this is what I sketched:
[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-18.jpg]

But omg, how active the forum is! Awesome to see it running like this!
Hopefully I will have time to come and browse sketchbooks! I think the worst is almost over!

(and hehe I miss CD forums, really)

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - DK - 09-16-2012

Lots of cool composition thumbnails in there and last one came out great!