Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Sula's Sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Sula's Sketchbook (/thread-141.html)

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - atrenr - 11-27-2012

You and Fernanda have the most beautiful way of drawing female faces, always so refreshing!
Try not to let overall speed get you down, I do it a lot and end up not having much fun and actually slow down because of it. Just keep chipping away, speed will come with time!
(also, guilt tripping myself keeps me from procrastinating ;P)

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 11-28-2012

Thanks Atrenr :) Yeah, I am going to look for balance soon enough, It's going to be a journey in itself though. Something like more time on the sketch, less time on painting with bigger brushstrokes? I don't know :) lots of stuff to test.

Just going to drop this here since I am really pissed off with the visa thing.
I was playing some darksiders 2, then I felt guilty about not practicing then this.
[Image: SB-139.jpg]
[Image: SB-140.jpg]
[Image: SB-141.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Veneq - 11-28-2012

That last sketch is very cool - You should get pissed off more!

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Flo - 11-29-2012

Hey ursula,

your sketchbook is really awesome. i love your way to draw, now i want to be able to do that ^^

cheers,
flo

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 11-29-2012

@Pierce: haha thanks man! Seems I will be angry for quite a while - or until this visa mess is up. Let's see :p

@Flo: Thank you very much :D

Rawr.
Practicing with this visa stuff in my head: useless. So I am set for having a bit of fun after going after papers and documents and all that stuff.

[Image: SB-142.jpg]
[Image: SB-143.jpg]

(its kinda cute this blue stripe my scanner adds to my sketches :p I never feel like removing them)

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - natzetta - 12-01-2012

ooh, i like the last composition a lot. Your drawings are clear and the shapes easily readable and you're really good at perspective, too!

btw. i almost didn't notice the blue tint at the sides.

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 12-03-2012

Thanks Nat :D

Here, a speedpainting I did for a small convention that happened on a very cool miniature and scale models store down here in Brazil.

[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-25.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Veneq - 12-03-2012

Last one is insane!! Very well done! :o

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Wolkenfels - 12-04-2012

these intense eyes look right inside my head... wow

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Liberty - 12-04-2012

Wow the light on left side of the face is so nice.

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - LaleAnn - 12-05-2012

My Gosh! Wow! You're so talented! I love your work! I can tell you're really good at pencil/line drawing! Those sketches are all gorgeous. And that last "speedpainting" is just stunning! Love the lighting, the texture, colors and pose... Stunning!!!

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - hollinrake - 12-06-2012

I love your character and anatomy sketches - your linework is lovely and they have such great flow and movement!

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 12-06-2012

Yay <3 Thank you very much guys!

So!
I tried to do a color study and I landed flat on my face. So I am trying that one again.
Have a random sketch meanwhile.
(I am finally done with all the documents for the second try at the visa thing, I should have more time for painting/practicing now!... until family and holidays. heh. I have been so nervous this past days that barely anything that I sketched can be salvaged)

[Image: SB-144.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - midknight523 - 12-06-2012

cool lines!!

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - deerandfox - 12-06-2012

Excellent stuff here dude, got a knack for capturing likeness. Something i find quite difficult, keep it up!

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - DK - 12-07-2012

Hey Sula, very good stuff lately! That Zelda piece turned out amazing and these pencils are great as always.

Love this Kerri piece, but I think a better foundation could've made it even better.

Tried to correct a few problems. Not perfect, but I hope you can see what I mean. Either way good job on it!

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Veneq - 12-07-2012

^Dennis Hogarth droppin' knowledge!

Nice pencils as usual Sula!

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 12-09-2012

Woot :D Thanks guys <3

@Deerandfox: thanks! I need to get that going again, it was actually more fun that I expected :)

@Denis: All the love Dennis, thanks for taking the time to paintover! My images are INDEED breaking when I start taking them from sketch to painting, so I need to double check all this again. There was something bothering me on that one and I wasn't able to figure out quite what it was - so thank you!

@Pierce: :D Thanks man, and yup, 3 cheers to Dennis heheh!

Here, today's photo study. Going to take a small break for a walk and then it's all portfolio for me.
Tried to vary the brushes I was using quite a bit on this one, just to see how it would look. Also tried to capture the soft edges of the depth of field effect, not sure it landed as strong as I wanted it.
[Image: Photo-study-13.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 12-09-2012

Doing this sketches well planed takes a lot more of brain power than I give it credit for.
Anyway, a bit of progress:

[Image: Satyr-Sketches-13.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Warburton - 12-09-2012

God dammit Ursula your lines are insane, i want your powers A__A