Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Sula's Sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Sula's Sketchbook (/thread-141.html)

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 12-10-2012

@Warburton: thanks man :D I am really glad they are enjoyable! My lineart sucked badly a couple months ago hahah xD

PREETEY COLORS
[Image: Satyr-Color-01.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - bemota - 12-10-2012

Dat ass.

(I'm sorry. Its looking amazing! Reminds me of this piece by John Howe http://www.john-howe.com/portfolio/gallery/details.php?image_id=304)

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - atrenr - 12-10-2012

I really like the colors! Keep at iiiiiiit~

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Lumens - 12-10-2012

This is a really cool concept! love the transmitted light and dappled light of the forest.

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - ramalooke - 12-10-2012

Oh wow. Nice improvements. It has been a while since I saw your stuff. Amount of breasts in your newest sketch makes it look very promising ;3 Love <3

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Nimao - 12-10-2012

that one is going to be awesome ;O

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Mythtaken - 12-10-2012

Wow, your pencil work is really amazing, love it. I also see some cool progress in coloring aspects! Finally, thanks for dropping a comment in my sketchbook :)

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - iCi - 12-11-2012

PREETEY COLORS
[Image: Satyr-Color-01.jpg]
[/quote]

YES! (try abusing the atmospheric perspective)

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Veneq - 12-12-2012

I do believe this piece you've forced into submission over the last few weeks is looking better and better! Love it!

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Callergi - 12-12-2012

Hey Ursula, I just went trough ur sketchbook and man did I like it, I love how dynamic ur drawings are, the line style is great and the anatomy and portraits are really great too.
I also like your paintings though I think that some of them became a bit too stiff for the really nice style that u have.
I'll give an example of what I mean: In the boss fight scene from the Zelda universe - the sketch has some simple and flowy lines but then the painting gets too unfocused with the many details allover(which also have a general fuzyiness that doesnt help) and I maybe the blacks are a bit too much.
One other thing that caught my eye were the eyes on the zerling queen, the whole painting works pretty well exept they eyes. The frist portrait from your sketchbook has a really great focus on the eyes and some sharper highlights and clearer irises(+maybe noseline) would help this painting too.
Hope this helps.
Congrats on the great job ur doing and waiting ot see more:)

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 12-13-2012

Oh wow! Thanks a lot for the amount of feedback guys, really appreciated!

@bemota: haha oh yes!
@atrenr: :D Here is moooore!
@Lumens: Thank you!
@Rama: haha believe me, its all carefully planned :p
@Nimao: thanks man!
@Mythtaken: Thanks :D And thanks for stopping by too!
@iCi: Woot :D Thanks the plan man. Hopefully I will be able to pull it!
@Pierce: Haha thats precisely the feeling, beating it into submission haha! Hopefully it works!

@Callergi: Oh wow, thanks for the feedback man! Yeah, my edges has been bothering me a lot. I am trying to figure a way to make it work out, so thanks for the reminder. I am going to focus on it. I do agree my painting have this damn fuzzy feeling I can't shake off.
And Oh, the eyes, yup. I will probably spend a bit of time trying to make that piece work after all the feedback :)

So!
Not going to skip any part of the process after coming so far, right? I am sort of fond of D3 and D4, what you guys think?
[Image: Satyr-Color-02.jpg]

There was a storm here and I lost my connection at home because of it. Hopefully it will be restored soon - but I may slow down updates because of that.

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - atrenr - 12-13-2012

I actually like the one you did before the color thumbs the most. I can't tell if I like the random yellow scarf or not though(color wise.)
It's awesome that you explored the colors like this. Out of the thumbs I'd say C1, B2 and D4~

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - jackjones - 12-13-2012

I Quite Like The C2 Thumbnail
It's got a lovely warm feel to the Image

@Atrenr: Thanks man! The original color comp was nice, but I think it will be out of control with saturation if I paint it as is - thats why more studies. I am quite fond of D4 too :D
@jackjone: thanks! Yeah, I think this piece ask for a warm palette, however the cool thumbs keep pulling my eye. I think I will just do a couple more...

And well, let's see.
Please continue with the feedback on the color comps! Meanwhile, here are some sketches. A few of the gestures studies I did before doing that final sketch too :)

[Image: SB-145.jpg]
[Image: SB-146.jpg]
[Image: SB-147.jpg]
[Image: SB-148.jpg]
[Image: SB-149.jpg]
[Image: SB-150.jpg]
[Image: SB-151.jpg]

Haha FORGIVE me guys, PLEASE, but I need to get this going!
Time is up, here are today's comp. Variations on the most popular two thumbs from last batch.

[Image: Satyr-Color-03.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Jkutz - 12-13-2012

i think you can really pump up the drama or romance of these faun nymph creatrues by pushing contrast. there are some great examples of this in art history, use your palette of choosing but when you go into tones, you've really got power to distribute focal points with how you light.

i can show you thanks to good ole' wikipaintings!

http://www.wikipaintings.org/en/william-adolphe-bouguereau/the-nymphaeum-1878#close

Very nice piece, great rhythm.
and great stuff all around. i think you're really coming together!

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - iCi - 12-13-2012

Literally any of those will do. What you do with the values will make it or break it ;)

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Veneq - 12-14-2012

I like C3 from the recent batch - it stands out to me. But Ivan is absolutely right.

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - EduardoGaray - 12-14-2012

I´m the same opinion as iCi, the values will make it.

And those color pencils are awesome!

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 12-18-2012

@Jkutz: oh whoa, thanks for the f*cking awesome link man. I will keep that open here until I finish this!
@iCi: :D I will not be defeated, not this far into the battle! *cues epic music*
@Pierce: yup, he is!
@Eduardo: YEP!

Values, values, VALUES omg I am going to break this omg D:
Here goes nothing.
(also, fishing my sketchbook back from the 3rd page.)

[Image: Satyr-Color-04.jpg]