Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Sula's Sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Sula's Sketchbook (/thread-141.html)

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - natzetta - 01-14-2013

Gosh, it turned out so beautifully. The scenery is very atmospheric; the overall feeling of the surrounding nature and light look cold, but the sartyr ladies make it innocent, playful and mysterious. :O

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 01-14-2013

Yay! Thanks so much guys <3 You guys are making me blush!

@Atrenr: haha DAT GIF! And yaaaay, thank you! That was VERY awesome to read <3 yay!
@Pierce: yay, thanks man! And thanks for the reply on twitter heeh <3 its just a small fix, it will be easly done!
@Pearwood: Thanks Steve :hug: Let's see how it will perform once its open in the wild..
@Natzetta: Thank you <3 Mysterious and playful were exactly two of my keywords for this paiting so woot :D success!

Haha and here guys. Now I will spend a few more days sketching everyday instead of only focusing on that painting.. not sketching for a week and I feel VERY rusty hahah, looks I unlearned everything. Hopefully tomorrow will be better :)

Few more photo studies will be on their way too, but for today I will play videogame a little <3

[Image: SB-170.jpg][Image: SB-171.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - pearwood - 01-14-2013

With a real nose.

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - iCi - 01-17-2013

That whole work on the satyrs thing paid off :) I hope you'll get in!
The poses came out a bit stiff (*but are still way better then any of mine :P ), which is the thing you can work on on the next piece. Alan Lee had the same problem when 'overworking' the figure for his illustrations.
Keep it up, I cant wait to see what you're up to next :)

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 01-17-2013

@Pearwood: going to do a full sheet of noses someday :D They are getting better. I hope. Yup.
@iCi: Thanks! But haha I doubt that. I am not ready. Don't have real hopes.. but just having the guys to send stuff in was enough for now :) And thanks, Ill try to focus on that!

And up next is back to the Zelda project, King Dodongo next. So I am going to do a couple lizard studies and start on the thumbs.
Meanwhile, I have been trying to sketch but ugh, not good. Not good.
I'll try pencil again because digital... ugh

[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-28.jpg]
(I am listening to Mind Heist again. Every time I post stuff listening to it I regret it lol)
(haha oh no the nose is flat again lol.. Ill crawl to my bed now)

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Lumens - 01-17-2013

Awesome, cant wait to see Dodongo!

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Liberty - 01-18-2013

Hey, I think its good idea to spend more time on drawing as you said,your painting does look stronger than drawing.

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 01-20-2013

@Lumens: thumbnails tomorrow :D I will keep you guys posted <3
@Liberty: working on it!

...but not being very successful lol. I'll keep trying.
I have this feeling SOMETHING need t change, you know?

Heck.

[Image: SB-172.jpg]
[Image: SB-173.jpg]
[Image: SB-174.jpg]
[Image: SB-175.jpg]
[Image: SB-176.jpg]
[Image: SB-177.jpg]
[Image: SB-178.jpg]
[Image: SB-179.jpg]
[Image: SB-180.jpg]
[Image: SB-181.jpg]
[Image: SB-182.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Veneq - 01-20-2013

Every time you scan... geeze - makes me want to grab my sketchbook immediately. That cyberpunk girl is cool as hell too!

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Fei Ou - 01-20-2013

This is one juicy sketchbook. Hungry for more.

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - EduardoGaray - 01-20-2013

every time i visit this sb is like: aww yeah!
I love your linework, i think you are very suited for comics.

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - DanBK - 01-21-2013

I wish i could say something useful here but unfortunately not :P
awesome work! keep it up :)

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Craig Paton - 01-23-2013

Good lord, there's some rather fine artwork indeed in this sketchbook, I love your pencil work.

I am now internet stalking you.

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Mannequin - 01-23-2013

You work mainly traditionally?
Seeing that digital piece why not to try put here some more digital drawing, eh? :D

I'm feeling like drawing dwarves also, heh

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 01-26-2013

Oh yay! Thank you for the feedback guys <3

@Pierce: thanks man :D And get to it, I love your sketchbook!
@Fei Ou: thanks man! I will try to keep it up!
@Eduardo: woot :D Thanks man! I really love reading that! And really, I am kinda into comics lately. Who knows!
@DanBK: Thanks man :D Not letting the ball fall I hope!
@Craig Paton: Thanks man! Haha I hope I make my stalkable person enjoyable hehe
@Mannequin: Actually, no. I am mainly a digital artist - I have been focusing on the pencil/drawing side of the craft to make the skill catch up. Haha now I feel my painting skill is lagging haha!

Aaand couple more sketches. Hey ho. I may be into something interesting here (see: last sketch). I need to go deeper!

[Image: SB-183.jpg]
[Image: SB-184.jpg]
[Image: SB-185.jpg]
[Image: SB-186.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 01-26-2013

I was really planning to tackle painting heads-on this year.
But you see - since I got my visa to Canada and I WILL be attending the imaginism workshop, I don't know if it is the appropriate time to deconstruct my workflow in painting right now. It is going to get pretty shaken in a month, you know?

(I just hope this is legitimate and I am not secretly making excuses)
Also, I am having fun sketching. I feel I am getting somewhere, and I don't know if I want to lose momentum about it, you know?

Anyway, yesterday's.
[Image: SB-187.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Veneq - 01-27-2013

I love the way you approach your development - with an objective view and precise thoughts about what will work for you. And I agree, you're chipping away at some developmental breakthroughs here. Lots of good stuff going on in that sketch (and in quite a bit of the recent ones as well).

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Warburton - 01-27-2013

Killer stuff as always, these pencils are so awesome. <3

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - mindwrack - 01-27-2013

these latest sketches are looking awesome :) would be cool to see some more expressions on the faces though as they are all lookng fairly neutral, great stuff though keep going :D

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 01-27-2013

@Pierce: thanks man :) I hope it work out in the end hehe... it does seems it is taking too long sometimes.
@warburton: <3 Thanks!
@Mindwrack: Aye, you're 100% right! I am writing that down and tackling that asap :) I have a couple of smiley people, but they suck hahah

Spend some time doing digital sketches. Feels so awkward drawing in photoshop now lol
[Image: DSB-01.jpg]