Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Sula's Sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Sula's Sketchbook (/thread-141.html)

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - iCi - 01-27-2013

Keep it up, lvl up soon :P !

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Lulolana - 01-27-2013

Hi Ursula!

Your sketchbook is absolutely awesome :)
I especially love your pencil sketches (I think I saw some Lord of The Rings and Hobbit stuff there). So I was wondering, do you use reference pictures for these or are they mainly done from memory? I'm just curious because I should definitely do a lot more sketching myself.

Keep up the great work!

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Olooriel - 01-27-2013

Your pencil drawings are beautiful! Makes me want to do some, I haven't touched pencils in a while, other than for scribbling.

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 01-28-2013

@iCi: KEEP GRINDING TILL DING... then ding again
@Luloanna: yay, thank you! Yes, most of the stuff is referenced. The bad ones are from memory hehe ;) Sketching is never too much!
@Olooriel: Thaaank you! And I have been in love with my pencils lately ^^ I need to stop neglecting digital.. but after march. Yup.

SO
HERE
Watch Sula try new stuff and FAIL HAHAH ELIPSES ARE HELLSPAWNS
[Image: SB-188.jpg]
[Image: SB-189.jpg]
[Image: SB-190.jpg]

(yay page 20!)

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - pearwood - 01-28-2013

Wow. Talk about some wild context switches!

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - lungcell - 01-29-2013

Looking really nice Ursula!

The sketch of the girl with the horned helmet is very pretty and atmospheric, I'd love to see more of that :)

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - EduardoGaray - 01-30-2013

that rivendell? xD study is awesome

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Victor Quaresma - 01-30-2013

awesome pencil sketches =O *grabs sketchbook and starts some traditional stuff *

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 02-01-2013

@Pearwood: I will try to push it a lot more, but I will only post when I at least succeed a bit hehe xD
@Lungcell: Thanks! I really like it too - let's see if I can nail it. It's time for experimentation it seems.
@EduardoGaray: Yup xD Thanks!
@Victor Quaresma: Thanks man! Your name is familiar - do I know you from somewhere else on the internet?

Aye.
Trying new stuff, lots of weird stuff, bear with me here.
[Image: SB-191.jpg]
[Image: SB-192.jpg]
[Image: SB-193.jpg]
[Image: SB-194.jpg]
[Image: SB-195.jpg]
[Image: SB-196.jpg]
[Image: SB-197.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Eleze - 02-01-2013

I really like how dynamic your poses, and the perspectives are so nice too, got trouble to do it. Good job as always!

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Dana - 02-01-2013

Oh damn, i adore your sketches, more!

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 02-02-2013

@Eleze: Thanks <3
@Dana: Thank you :D

I will just leave this here and keep sketching okay
[Image: SB-198.jpg]

Its that weird feeling if I scan something I need to put it here lol
What have you guys done to me

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Chiritsu - 02-02-2013

Oh wow! I don't know why I didn't see this before. Really like your pencil work :D

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Bjulvar - 02-03-2013

Heya Ursula. Feeling stumped every time I take a peek in here, hard to comment! Feels as if you don't really have a comfort zone (you'll probably disagree!) and that feels really refreshing. I think that you've progressed a lot over the course of this sketchbook, very much in the design-department!
I guess I kind of miss seeing colored pieces, because I know you can do them very well. So stop hiding them! Still loving that Satyr painting you did, you should be really proud.
Looking forward to moar stuff!

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - pearwood - 02-03-2013

Her face tells me her arm is strong.

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 02-03-2013

@Chiristsu: Thanks! :D
@Bjulvar: Haha you're right xD Really trying to push out of some habits and try new stuff! And yay, thank you! Thats always the nicest compliment to get <3 I did a color study for you today then hehe!
@Pearwood: hehehe!

Here, today's stuff - hard brushes, no opacity, no color picking (no under sketch too haha as you can see from the most perfect ellipses). Going to sketch a bit from imagination now <3
[Image: Photo-study-15.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Mannequin - 02-03-2013

(02-03-2013, 03:13 AM)Bjulvar Wrote: Feels as if you don't really have a comfort zone (you'll probably disagree!)

Well, um, if I may, I could dispute with that.
Ursula You are great at what we You are doing, anatomy is good, your characters and design are also great. But yea, my point, You stick with this elvish, womenly-man look, faces aren't varied much. I would love to see how You work outside this comfort zone.
I have great confidence in You. Because You have all the skills needed :) 088
But I feel You can broaden Your skills even more doing stuff that differs more. What do You think about doing that? :)

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - JakeB - 02-03-2013

Awesome stuff sula. No real critique, keep it coming though. Love your pencils :)

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - FOERVRAENGD - 02-03-2013

your pencil sketches really makes my hands itch for a pen and paper! Keep up the awesome work! :3

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Toxicpanda - 02-03-2013

I really like your last sketches. It's amazing how you can create entire story with only few simple lines.The last sketch is awesome because it reminded me of some great artists that work in game industry. Keep going and have fun :)