Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Sula's Sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Sula's Sketchbook (/thread-141.html)

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 09-05-2013

Apples and messy sketch for today :)
I can't really make my mind on that sketch, lots of tuning incoming.

[Image: 5-marks-apples-05.jpg]
[Image: Splash-Illy-sketch01.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Tygerson - 09-05-2013

Really like the composition of that last sketch! It feels energetic, yet grounded.

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Lyraina - 09-07-2013

Man, so much going on in here! You have been very productive over the last weeks. :) I love all those apple studies, sometimes 'back to the roots' is the way to go.
The last sketch looks promising, very energetic (as Tygerson already mentioned)!
You're doing great Sula, keep it up :)

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - JonHop - 09-07-2013

The last line work sketch has a great energy about it ursula, and that apple study idea seems great, will have to steal that concept and do some myself at some point :P. Also the last imagination portrait sketch painting has beautiful brush work <3.

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - ramalooke - 09-09-2013

Good stuff Ursula, as always <3

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 09-09-2013

Hey, thank you guys <3

@Tygerson: thanks :D I want to finish it!~
@Lyraina: Thank you girl <3
@JohnHop: <3 thank you!
@Ramalooke: <3 thanks!

So, suddenly freelance.
I'll need be off the radar until I finish this :) Been a while since I have done NDA freelance!

Have some more apples.
And a full fledged one, because this 5-marks thing is fun but a bit frustrating lol

[Image: 5-marks-apples-06.jpg]
[Image: 5-marks-apples-07.jpg]
[Image: Life-painting-09.jpg]

I also I should mention this is sloppy because I worked like 20 min on it
Also I finally painted an apple from life, guess I am an artist now :B

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - mikeorion22 - 09-09-2013

really impressive work, the link work is great

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - MrFrenik - 09-15-2013

Congrats on the freelance work. I was under the impression, however, that you already work either fulltime freelance or in a studio. Is this not the case? Either way, good stuff. I've been meaning to try and tackle studies with limited brush strokes as well, so this is interesting to see it done here.

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Warburton - 09-16-2013

Awesome work as always, it's good to see you posting regularly again. (that is until the freelance I guess lol :p)

Interesting stuff with these apple studies too, I think these could help you a lot. Perhaps start moving on to other objects too, to stop yourself doing them out of habit and keep the learning experience fresh. Objects with different specular levels, shapes and colours would be really interesting too perhaps.

Whatever you choose, it's always a pleasure dropping by here. All the best with your freelance too.

P.s, Zelda piece came out fu**ing awesome <3 <3 <3

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 09-16-2013

Yay, thanks guys :D

@Mikeorion: thanks man :D
@MrFrenik: Thanks! Yeah, I do work in a studio full time - we work with advertising illustrations. Lots of NDA, but not exactly what I want to work with. I do a couple of freelance here and there, but when I get a freelance WITH NDA its usually what I want to do and it gets more exciting ^_^
@warburton: thanks man :D Yep, materials studies coming right after. I want to try 30 days of apples only, if I understood something about this things, it's that the break through only comes way after you're exhausted.

And so! Back to the game.
40 mins:
[Image: Photo-study-69.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Tamaira - 09-17-2013

Hi Sula,

it seems we find each other again everywhere^^ I wrote you last time on deviant art,
because I realized you were also part of noahs art camp :)
Great to find a place where I can see even more of your studies and sketches!
Keep up the great work!

Hugs Tamaira

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Nika - 09-17-2013

Your sketchbook is very inspiring. You've developed from an artist with an already strong foundation into being a powerhouse. I can't help but want to draw looking at this stuff.

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 09-18-2013

@tamaira: hey there :D Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy the forums! Thanks for stopping by! And thank you <3
@Nika: Whoa, thanks <3

Seems this piece is turning into a big experimentation. Enjoying where it is going.
Also, apples.

[Image: Splash-Illy-color01.jpg]

[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-46.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 09-19-2013

Progress~

[Image: Splash-Illy-color02.jpg]

Anyone ever wanted to move closer to your workplace so you dont spent as much time commuting but then again its EXPENSIVE AS HELL and you add to your pile of frustrations?

eh

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - smrr - 09-19-2013

Fuuuuuuuuuuuarkkkk!
This is looking so insane-! I can't wait for it to be complete, my goodness Th_087_

And yase, tasty, tasty apples ^ ^

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Prabu - 09-19-2013

Purple warrior looks badass :)

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 09-22-2013

@Smrrfette: yay thanks <3 Hopefully it will live up to standards :D
@Prabu: thanks man!

A little more progress~
[Image: Splash-Illy-color03.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Jonas Jerde - 09-22-2013

Hmm, I might rotate the background a little more- along with the ground... Right now she looks like she is tipping over. Cool perspective though.

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 09-23-2013

@JJ: Thanks man! I got an awesome feedback from Zephiry, reworking the whole thing now, It will address that problem too!

Here, I am a full fledged artist now!
(Also I should be clean stuff :p)
[Image: Acrylics-09.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - TonariNoPunpun - 09-23-2013

Hello Ursula! Love all your work (the elf girl portrait is just...ahhhh too beautiful!!!) Last wip is nice too, very dynamic. Will be coming back for sure, keep being awesome!