Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Sula's Sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Sula's Sketchbook (/thread-141.html)

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 06-28-2012

Thank you Mactire :)

Gotta keep trying. Focusing a lot more on shapes now, specially after today's Gurney's blog post.

[Image: SB-41.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 07-02-2012

So I have this little dirty folder called "photoshop junky" were I dump all my non professional stuff.
So this weekend I have nothing professional to show, so here have this little weird sketch. I promise you all I have been trying, but I am on a low atm.

[Image: Salvaged-sketch-06.jpg]

Ok, scanned this because a friend asked, so why not drop it in here too. Still studying faces. Next up in expressions, awaiting for my books from Amazon.

[Image: SB-42.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 07-07-2012

Here, have a creepy little sketch.
[Image: Salvaged-sketch-07.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 07-09-2012

More warm up before delving into portfolio piece
[Image: Salvaged-sketch-08.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - DK - 07-09-2012

Wooo, nice, makin progress! Just keep pushin forward! You could try to do some really quick face gestures every now and then, just to get yourself warmed up before a longer study or imagination piece.

Also, try not to feel too low even when life gets too shitty. Just look at this guy: Motivation

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 07-09-2012

Hahaha thanks Dennis!
Awesome video.

I will go back to gestures, been a while since I have done them. Really focusing on longer studies for sure nowadays.

Here. One more for today.
[Image: Salvaged-sketch-09.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Piotr Jasielski - 07-09-2012

I like the elf girl and that one before. You're clearly getting better. Keep it up!

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Jonesoda - 07-09-2012

Really enjoyed going through your sketchbook. I especially like the 'warm up' elf. Will be keeping an eye on your sketchbook.

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 07-15-2012

Thanks for stopping by guys :D

And here, sketchbook dump! Seems I have been really into fanart this days eh. There is a lot of Loki here, and I am not really sorry for that. Also dug up my decent art materials, like my 9B and by canson papers. Fun. I am starting to really enjoy graphite as a medium.

[Image: SB-43.jpg]
[Image: SB-44.jpg]
[Image: SB-45.jpg]
[Image: SB-46.jpg]
[Image: SB-47.jpg]
[Image: SB-48.jpg]
[Image: SB-49.jpg]
[Image: SB-50.jpg]
[Image: SB-51.jpg]

I do have a problem drawing guys propely - I am trying to focus this ...fangirling into something useful at least.

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - alexnegrea - 07-15-2012

hehe:D seeing all this beautifull sketches makes me wanna draw! Cool stuff in here!:D

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - DK - 07-15-2012

Very cool pencils!

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Jamesxwu - 07-15-2012

Really like your penciled stuff too!

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - stace - 07-16-2012

Incredible sketchbook! Even though you say you'd like more time to practice and study, it's good to see that you're making the best of your freetime. I love your pencil stuff, such confidence with the gestures and poses. Some of the photoshop stuff comes off dark on my screen, would love to see a little variety. Otherwise, keep it up! :D

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - brenthollowell - 07-17-2012

lookin good dude

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 07-17-2012

Yay, so much love! thanks guys :D I'll try and post pencils more often. I have been doing them regularly, it's nice to see it's showing ^^

@Stace: thank you! It's kinda awkward because I do a lot of random stuff at my day job (I do work on an illustration studio), so when I get home I am just itching to do what I could not have done at work heheh. Also, this last few weeks I have been focusing on faces - to finally fix them, since they were a wreck. Next step are expressions, then I will probably focus on environments. And thanks for stopping by! <3

AAAAnnnnd WIP flood. :p I will try not to flood it too much, but I will post a couple of WIPs before calling this done. Any comments and feedback are more than welcome!
[Image: Satyr-01.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Jamesxwu - 07-17-2012

Like where this piece is going, are you going to continue it?

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Chrysley - 07-18-2012

Really nice sketches you got here. Looking forward to seeing more from you.

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - wla91 - 07-18-2012

Really good, looking forward to see the progress on that piece!

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - isra-ac - 07-18-2012

It's been a while since last time I checked this SB, you posted so many good pencil drawings : D Good job with the portraits too. Looking forward to the last one : )

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 07-20-2012

Yay, thanks for the comments guys!
I said I wasn't going to spam it, but it's so hard to keep this not updated, so please bear with me.
(also, I prefer to scan sketches in batches :p)

And yes James! I have every intention to finish it. :D
Going to try and make this one less dark.
Couple more hours into it, trying to nail down the colors and abuse a bit more of texture brushes.

[Image: Satyr-02.jpg]