Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Sula's Sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Sula's Sketchbook (/thread-141.html)

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - ones - 10-10-2014

thanks sula. im actually doing chris oatleys magic box class thing right now. ill have to try out the painting drama class as well

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - LaleAnn - 10-10-2014

Super derp stuff, girl! You keep improving! 0.0 Really liking your latest studies!

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 10-10-2014

@Wolken: Thanks man!... indeed. I still need to work on it o.o
@Craig: Thank you and I will!
@Ones: no problem! You will enjoy it!
@LaleAnn: <3 Thank you!

Here is something.
[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-101.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 10-13-2014

Revision!

[Image: 10.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - denikina - 10-14-2014

Nicee, the mushrooms have gotten even more magical. :) How much time did you spend on them altogether?

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 10-14-2014

@Denikina: thank you! Haven't been keep closing tabs, about around 8h counting all the redraws from scratch :) Going to be one more revision on it soon!

Here, step by step on a art collab about Zelda.
I have been trying the colorization technique, it's very fast indeed:

[Image: Link-collab-1.jpg]
[Image: Link-collab-2.jpg]
[Image: Link-collab-3.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - meat - 10-15-2014

Mushrooms! MUSHROOMS!!!

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 10-16-2014

@Meta: Badger-badger-badger-badger :p

One more got released :)
-Edit- Timelapse is available :D http://youtu.be/tzgJMGbw9Gs

[Image: Hecarim01.jpg]
[Image: Hecarim%20collab.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Fedodika - 10-17-2014

KEEP PUSHIN SULAAA!!! I like your link picture alot! and your signature is quite sexy o.o dat M

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 10-18-2014

@Fedodika: haha thank you :D

Last update on this one :) Now moving forward to the next one!
[Image: 11.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 10-19-2014

I've been doing a couple of face rendering tests.

[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-102.jpg]
[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-103.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Mr. Toodles - 10-19-2014

soooooooo prettyy

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Mike - 10-19-2014

Hey Sula. Great art you've here. I like you're different approaches to the subject and that you're trying everything: characters, still lifes, environments etc. You're obviously not staying in the comfort zone which a lot of people do and struggle with it, myself included. That will pay off for sure. I'm new here so I haven't read your whole tread yet but I've gone through couple of pages. I hope you're feeling better about your art and seeking you're own style (which I think comes naturally after tons of practicing). It's hard to stay motivated sometimes, we all know it but the best thing you can do is just don't give up and push even more. It sucks but the worst thing is to give up. I like to watch or listen Dave and Dans livestreams or youtube videos. There are tons of helpful stuff there. That's how I discoved this site and I learned alot from them, just by listening. And not about art only but whole mentality behind it. That's a big motivator for me for example. Ok I will shut up because I'm just boring now. I guess I wanted to say I really like your sketchbook, duh. :P

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Lyraina - 10-26-2014

...I'll never get tired of looking at faces you're painting! Hair is a bit flat (like a wig made of cloth, not hair on a skull, if that makes sense?) in your last post, but since it's a face rendering test that's probably not fair to crit D:

GREAT work on the reaper!

How's the environment course progressing? :)

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 11-02-2014

@Toodles: <3!
@Mike: yay! :D Thank you so much man. Yup, I talk all about giving up, but like Loki said, I've come too for for anything else heh.. so just gotta keep grinding.
@Lyraina: Thank you! Funny, someone LIKED the hair like this, it's a bit flat for my taste too :p I need to actually finish something. I got swamped with freelance and missed the last of the mentorship LOL

But eh well, have to keep the ball rolling.
Here is couple of sketches and the self portrait:

[Image: Selfie-03.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_ne8gorq1xD1qcy5svo1_1280.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - denikina - 11-03-2014

Great selfportrait! You're probably the only person I recognised in this forum, because I follow your instagram, so I can tell it resembles you much :)

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Jaik - 11-03-2014

Oh Sula! You so amazing!
'sif not finish the Mentorship! Evening class definitely kicked the morning classes ass because you werent there! :P

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 11-03-2014

@Denikina: really? Yay :D And thanks for following!

@Jaik: haha dang it! If I ever take Aj's class again, I'm doing it on evening classes yo. :p

Here, 1st ever still life with natural light. Gotta chase the sun!
(also I have this huge screen glare, I have no idea if this reads hahah)
[Image: Life-painting-16.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - CoreyH - 11-04-2014

Ohh are those sweet goblets or awesome candle holders? I want them. Looks great! Almost feel like i could reach into the screen and pick them up :)

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Tien - 11-04-2014

Awesome studies ! And portraits ! Your line is very neat =o
Have you take Anthony Jones' classes ? How was it ? I'm looking to attempt one of his classes ^^"