Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Sula's Sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Sula's Sketchbook (/thread-141.html)

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 06-21-2015

@Smrr: yaaay I need to work moreeee towards it!
@wla91: I'm always lurking on the shadows but I'm here! :D

YAY
So
Trying to understand what makes Adam Hughes so good
(I'm still neck deep in NDA stuff :( As soon as I'm able I'm going to preview here what I can!)

[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-130.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - DK - 06-21-2015

Great work Sula, I love these posts where you are experimenting with styles and direction. Like the girl with the diamond hand piece came out amazing; just an interesting style to look at when you keep the line-work underneath. Always look forward to checkin out what you're up to.

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Lyraina - 06-21-2015

I like that last portrait… she’s pale and colorful at the same time. I’m at a loss how you manage to handle skin so seemingly effortless all the time!

Looking forward to that NDA stuff as soon as you can show us some stuff :D

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Fedodika - 06-22-2015

SULALALA MOOONAH!!! <3 <3 heehhe girl ur on fire BAYBAY!!! <3 <3 i wish i could give u a big HUUUUGGG!!! XXXXXXX Hey i thinks you could really push your stuff if you like really push a study as far as possible, like spend a couple days on a skin study, just to add extra realism to your stuff, would be awesome to see! like tha painterly simplified stuff too!

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Zearthus - 06-22-2015

Yeah definitely digging that last photo, truly see everything working together. Keep up the good work, Sula.

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Jonesoda - 06-22-2015

Still killing it Sula, I like what you were doing with that image in post 1325 and the elf chick that's your avatar is too awesome :D

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - smrr - 06-22-2015

Can't wait to see what you've been burying your face in!! Damned NDA's... Cuuuurseee youuuuuu *shakes fist!*
Also I love how you're able to pull beauty outta thin air
.. and so quickly too o_o talkin' 'bout the lady at the top of the page (:

Hey! When you gonna make IP material outta your badass elf warrior-chick?! I'm sure ive mentioned this before...
You better make it happen >:o

<33

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - crackedskull - 06-22-2015

Love seeing updates from you, cant wait for those goodies under the NDA.

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Adam Lina - 06-23-2015

Your work always gives me something to shoot for with my own stuff. Id love to see you develop your own IP. Artists need to take the power back from these damn NDA using corporate fat cats! Viva la Sula Moon!

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Jaik - 06-23-2015

Damn Sula, where do you get the time to do so much NDA work and also do such kick ass pieces @.@

I feel so inefficient by comparison v.v

Loving the pieces though! Hope to catch you streaming again sometime soon!

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - AngeliquevdMee - 06-23-2015

Looking at this sketchbook and how far you have come really inspires me. Great work Sula!

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Gliger - 06-24-2015

OMG these last pages, it feels like your knowledge is starting to come together to collectively kick ass.

btw maybe it's just me but in the last portrait, doesn't the neck feel a little bit too thin? and kinda flat?

Can't wait for tomorrow when I realise you had it right and I fucked it up...

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Eristhe - 06-24-2015

Your progress is incredible, loving the painterly style! Keep it up : D

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - EduardoGaray - 06-24-2015

dang! i want to like everything, but there is no button!! :D
Seriously, i love what you are doing. Those blood elf paintings and specially the Ryuuko one are crazy!

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - BenFlores - 06-25-2015

Those master studies are really starting to show through your personal work. Love the brush work and your control of values. Always enjoy dropping through here :) Keep it up as always!

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - meat - 06-26-2015

I.... I wanna say something intelligent or useful too! But I'm just an admirer here, of your beautiful portraits and pencil drawings. Do you use toothed paper or smooth paper? I found that rough paper really grinds down the pencil point fast, but smooth paper don't give texture feel. Dilemma!

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - pnate - 06-27-2015

Love how you're always exploring and trying new things. Keep being inspirational <3

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 07-23-2015

YESS!

Thank you everyone <3 So much love!
I'm finally out of the woods (for now!) and I'll have time to do STUDIES! yaaaay

So let me get the ball rolling here, post the last few sketches and a couple of images that has been spoiled that I was working on.
(and let me get commenting on other sketchbooks too :D YAY)

@Dennis: YAY! Thank you :D I plan on doing a couple more of those - the love for anime hit me so hard this last weeks that I need to give it some attention!

@Lyraina: :D thank youu! Haha I'm not eve sure myself, I just try to have areas that varies saturation. It can be a hit and miss, but I love painting skin. <3

@Fedodika: YAAAAY :hug: You're the best Fedo! Yep, I plan into going deep into skin and hands studies soon. IT WILL ALL BE POSTED YES! I'm not sure I'm going to try photorealism again, I'd really move into more painterly/stylized stuff, but there is so much to learn from realism that there is no reason to not do it :)

@Zearthus: :D Thanks man!
@JonesOda: YAY! Thank you :hug: (and now I know it's Jones Oda, I love it)

@Smrr: AaaaHH There is a couple here already YAY! <3 Thank you! And omg IP.. We will see. :o
@Crackedskull: :hug: Thank you!
@Adam Lina: Yay! Thanks man :D Oh man, another mention for an IP. I need to make it happen right?
@Jaik: Time, what time? Hahah I have been sleeping way too little and not studying nearly enough, that is where :p Now I have the chance to balance it out, even if for a little bit.

@Angelique: Thank you :D
@Gliger: aaaaaAAH THANKS MAN :hug: I sure hope so! We will see. And haha it is flat, I totally...never touched it after blocking n colors hahah! Worry not, I'll give future necks some more loving.

@Eristhe: <3 thank you!
@Eduardo: YAY Eduardo! Let's give some anime some Love, it is well deserving! Thanks man!

@Benflores: Thank you! :D
@Meat: Haha I always use the cheapest paper I can find. So it's usually smooth printer paper :p I may give the toothed ones a try, but they don't let me detail nearly enough... But that may be something to look forward to :)

@pnate: :D Thanks man, back at ya!

Wthout further ado, lets see:

Couple of sketches:

[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-131.jpg]
[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-132a.jpg]

one image done testing Sywork, a livestream plataform exclusive for artists. They have HD streaming right out of the bat, and they're going to have monetizing options like Twitch has. It's been awesome.
Here is the link for my channel: http://sywork.tv/channel/name/sulamoon

And the WIP I was working on live:
[Image: Illy-01.jpg]

And here are a few of those NDA images I was working for http://www.eamb.org/
It's a boardgame using brazilian folklore creatures :) it was fun:

[Image: Armadeira%20Gigante.jpg]
[Image: Besouro%20Tit%C3%A3.jpg]
[Image: boitat%C3%A1.jpg]
[Image: Curupira.jpg]
[Image: Iara.jpg]
[Image: Labatut.jpg]
[Image: Mula%20sem%20cabe%C3%A7a.jpg]
[Image: Porco%20Preto.jpg]

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Fedodika - 07-23-2015

I'm dead... BACKWARDS FEET DUDE IS TOO COOL!!!!!

RE: Sula's Sketchbook - Archreux - 07-23-2015

I've been seeing this sketchbook for some time, and it's been really cool seeing the growth, stuff's gotten really awesome.

The tusked boar and cyclops that you did for the board game are amazing. Really tasty stroke and color usage. That WoW elf on the last page has some really nice lighting and style. I'll have to visit your sketchbook more often. :]