Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Bjulvar's Sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Bjulvar's Sketchbook (/thread-1532.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - Bjulvar - 06-24-2013

A little Repin study

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - Bjulvar - 06-24-2013

I'm not very good at hair, so here's some studies

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - OtherMuzz - 06-24-2013

Nice hair studies. I'd say one of the most important thing's with hair is edge control though. Focus on what parts of the highlight are sharp and what shapes are soft, that should help a lot.

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - Bjulvar - 06-25-2013

Thanks for the input, appreciate it! Ah edge control, my everlasting nemesis. Someday I will vanquish you.

I focused more on what you said with this study, it's a bit more simple I suppose with the light and all. But I thought about it, that counts! Thanks again :D

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - Bjulvar - 06-25-2013

Relaxed a bit with some environments today

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - OtherMuzz - 06-25-2013

I find with edge control, it is far easier to have close edge control using subtractive painting methods instead of additive. If you make a soft gradient, then cut back into it with a harder or smaller brush, it's really easy to get the hard soft transitions.

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - matt_radway - 06-25-2013

Tight work man! Those hair/head studies are lookin good!

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - Bjulvar - 06-28-2013

matt_radway Thanks man!

OtherMuzz Haven't tried that before I think. Not sure if I grasp what you mean fully though. But I'll try and experiment, so thanks again!

This mornings still life

Some more hair

And some mages

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - Bjulvar - 06-28-2013

Working on something for the summer pitch. Gotta think more stuff through before I post though

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - OtherMuzz - 06-29-2013

Nice man, those summer pitch thumbs are looking sweet.

I suggest maybe looking at some fashion blogs, that stuff is sweet for practical fantasy garb (irony it being real)
I think one thing to note about fashion is that outlandish outfits don't have to be complex to look impressive.

http://pinterest.com/givarine/daily-looks/

Also on the subtractive painting thing this might explain what i mean.
[Image: jwCeuds.gif?1]

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - Bjulvar - 06-29-2013

Thanks, having a lot of fun with it.
Gotta look at it more. Tried analyzing what it was that made fashion or clothing overall look good. But I might have forgotten some of it. Bookmarking it!

Aah yeah that's close to what I thought. Thanks for explaining.

Geralt of Desktopia!

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - Bjulvar - 06-30-2013

Quick fashion studies

A little longer one

And some concepts for my next illustration.

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - Lex_paul - 07-01-2013

Nice sketches and i love the speed paints! Also i see lots of art posted in a few days only, its great to work like that fast! good luck on future ones;)

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - OtherMuzz - 07-01-2013

Fashion studies look great!

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - Bjulvar - 07-02-2013

Thank you guys!

80's movies inspired this sketch

Continued with the sci-fi theme

Felt that I didn't grasp modern armor, so checked that out a bit.

And here's what I'm playing around with at the moment. I'm doing a lot of cropping and switching colors. It's a nice learning process.

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - Markus - 07-06-2013

You're working like a maniac, man. Keep up the studies.
Something I noticed, your linework can be a bit rough sometimes. Doing croquis and life drawing helped me alot in getting more confident in linework as you have to lay down forms quickly and simplify alot. Also consider the negative form around the stuff you observe to better understand the mass and structure of things. Sorry, sometimes I ramble.
Really liking your latest still life. Keep rocking it!

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - HiddenMyst - 07-06-2013

Patrik! kul att se dig och din sb! Får titta igenom den noga imorgon, men ville mest titta in och säga hej!

Keep up the good work mate and see you around!

/Murli ;)

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - DrPyrox - 07-06-2013

Nice work dude! I especially like your silhouette designs. Quick suggestion though, the piece with the wizard on post #195 has too much ground showing i'm thinking. Unless you're going to have a drop-off there, in that case, do your thing! It's looking good so far, i'll be keeping an eye out for more updates.

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - pnate - 07-06-2013

Sweet stuff man, excited to see more from your summer pitch. Keep postinnn

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - Bjulvar - 07-08-2013

Markus Yeah I agree. Never really got a smooth transition from traditional to digital with my linework. But it's certainly something I'll think about. It's not a ramble, it's a beautiful poetic string of words!
Thanks a lot man!

HiddenMyst Yo Murli! Visste inte att du hängde här faktiskt! Låter schysst, du är alltid välkommen :D

You too mate, good luck with the preparation for TGA! You'll rock so hard!

DrPyrox Thanks! I was thinking about having some kind of floating banners there, or atleast something pleasant. But I'm sure I'll shrink that space, it is too large and negative. Now when I've look at it for a bit it's probably breaking up the image more than helping it.
You're always welcome!

pnate Thanks man. Love doing it! Will hopefully have a thread up soon :D

Took the train and boat to Copenhagen and checked out Glyptoteket. Took a bunch of pictures of statues and drew some. So I'm planning on doing some studies on them. Here's one on Zeus

Didn't get admitted to the university that I badly wanted to get into. So put out some emotion on the canvas D: (amaggad so personal)

Elephants are mayans and wrote the calender. Also easter egg.