Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Bjulvar's Sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Bjulvar's Sketchbook (/thread-1532.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 02-04-2013

Really like your pencils man. very nice!

Very nice anatomy study too!

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - Bjulvar - 02-04-2013

Thanks Ursula! Glad you like it!

Doing the wild forest for my snow white project, this is a rough sketch of some sort of sanctum that you would find there I suppose! A last man standing piece I'm making, since it's the hot thing to do right now and I can't help myself. Love Dan Luvisi's stuff and have been for some years now. It's the cyberpunky samurai named Alister. And a sketch done while having a nice headache, I think it kinda shows.

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - Bjulvar - 02-06-2013

Wild forest WiP!

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - BenFlores - 02-06-2013

keep at it :) for criticism id say to design the sword a bit, its pretty simple compared to the rest of his armour

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - Bjulvar - 02-07-2013

Of course man! Aye that's true, I'll look into it when I revisit!

Todays warmup sketch.

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - Bjulvar - 02-10-2013

Here's an armorstudy, Tried observing some of the color reflection.

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - Bjulvar - 02-13-2013

Designing Snow White now. This is by far the hardest of them all. I'm not really feeling her as a character. I supposed that I'm in a way too influenced by the archetype I'm used to seeing. But here are some brave efforts of me trying to figure this out.

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - Bjulvar - 02-14-2013

Bears are almost as cute as melons.

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - Bjulvar - 02-14-2013

Applying my bearstudy! There's no other way than making him a warrior. Not that I know of atleast.

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - Bjulvar - 02-16-2013

Traditional stuff from my sketchbook. A bit more design oriented. Because I need to get better at that

And a livemodel painting done this week, dayum, warm colors in shadow breaks me down!

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - Bjulvar - 02-17-2013

Quick 50minute study from yesterday. Fun!

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - Bjulvar - 02-19-2013

One hour handstudy

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - Bjulvar - 02-20-2013

A little moviestudy. Tried to focus more on the colors and lightning than the likeness. I guess that's just an excuse :D

Made some thumbs and followed one of them up with a sketchy sketch.Trying to use more layers and correct things along the way and make it suit what I want to achieve. Sometimes I forget that and just polish the turd. Don't do that! If he reminds you of something, it's probably true.

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - Bjulvar - 02-20-2013

Practicing clothing design

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - Bjulvar - 02-21-2013

More design

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - Bjulvar - 02-21-2013

Cyberpunk protagonist things! Used my own face. Heavily influenced by Deus Ex D:

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - Bjulvar - 02-22-2013

One hour study

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - Bjulvar - 02-23-2013

A warmup and a WiP!

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - Bjulvar - 02-24-2013

Took a break from the computer screen yesterday. Found a skull and observed it for a while, kinda fun painting with aquarelle in your sketchbook. Also did a still life this morning, the coffe is cold though. Not worth it.

RE: Bjulvar's Sketchbook - Bjulvar - 02-24-2013

Finally got around to trying out what Ursula suggested before. Used only a hardbrush on the study (above) and then applying it with some imagination sparks(middle)! These are pretty experimental and since I hate using hardbrushes, I should probably do something along these lines more. Then I drew something very simple trying to grasp what it is that I want to learn, which is seperating the values according to depth and planes. Felt liberating doing these things.