Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff (/thread-1881.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 09-24-2014

Studies an sketches:

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Wolkenfels - 09-24-2014

love your sketches!!! totally jelly about them!

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 09-27-2014

@Wolkenfels: Don´t be! I don´t like my stuff half of the time. I still have so much to learn!

Some more advisor/quest giving characters:

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 09-29-2014

Some studies and sketches this time with a bit of landscaping:

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 09-30-2014

Small update with landscape sketch from life and some sketches for fun:

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 10-03-2014

Update with some (seasonal) doodles:

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 10-05-2014

Sketches and studies for environments/architecture

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 10-07-2014

Some Bargue Studies and a character sketch for today:

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 10-09-2014

Some more Bargue studies and sketches with different lighting conditions

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - pnate - 10-09-2014

I'm digging that character series you are working on, is that client work? And nice Doctor illustration, you are quite a friend. Only way it could have been improved is if it were the 10th Doctor, amiright?

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Craig Paton - 10-10-2014

I'm starting to really warm to the 12th Doctor, I think he may turn out to be one of the best ever.

These pencil portrait sketches and studies are pretty awesome, Elder. How do you get such clear and crisp scans/pictures of your pencil work? Mine always look like shit.

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 10-11-2014

@pnate: The characters are client work, yes. They are for an indie social media game and are serving as kind of advisors and questgivers (think of the civilization games...)

@Craig Paton: Regarding scans, I actually don´t do much. I have a really old scanner, scan at 300dpi with an unsharpen filter active in the scansoftware and if need be, I adjust the contrast in PS a little with curves or levels

@ both of you: I actually also start to like the 12th doctor more and more (although he can be a little too patronizing), but you are right, pnate, David Tennant is by far the best doctor of all!

I´m sure most of you know William Adolphe Bouguereau. For those who don´t: this guy is the godfather of skintones, the skinmaster, the ultimate skininator... seriously, try to study his work, it´s worth it. He has so many subtleties and color variations going on and as I did a study, to my surprise he doesn´t change hues a lot! In the original from the study below, I first thought, wow, so many greens and blues and purples....no! he used mostly reds, oranges and yellows. The cooler colors all come from desaturated versions of these hues in combination with putting the warmer hues beside them.

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Adam Lina - 10-11-2014

Love the Boug study! You really captured the colors well.

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 10-13-2014

Some more studies and sketches, this time another Bargue and a living master study of one of Marko Djurdjevics characters (he is brilliant with his characters!) that can be found here:
http://www.deviantart.com/art/FRANKA-481313471

Portrait sketch and Matrko Djurdjevic study:

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 10-14-2014

Some more Bargue and a sketch of a Medusa, where I tried to combine monster and beauty (as Medusa once was a beautiful woman)

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 10-15-2014

I´m somewhat into mythological creatures lately...here´s a harpy (and a Bargue study)

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 10-17-2014

Anatomy study and alien designs

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 10-18-2014

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 10-21-2014

Some more studies/sketches from my sketchbook and a Sargent study

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 10-21-2014

Some update with gestures, quick figure studies, anatomy and design studies from the last couple of days. These drawings are not pretty, but through them, the brain starts to understand form, proportions etc.