Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff (/thread-1881.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 01-05-2015

Some digital gestures. Referenced and imaginary

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 01-06-2015

Last of the character party of my new RPG group: Umbra the thief

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 01-08-2015

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 01-10-2015

While watching TV, I doodled around and tried out sketching with a 1-pixel brush in Painter (basically a ballpoint pen with no pressure sensitivity). Tried to do some cartoonish caricature like portrait studies while the movie/TV show played in the background. Later on, I decided to do some realistic portrait studies of the characters painted.

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 01-12-2015

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 01-13-2015

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 01-14-2015

When I woke up today, I had this in my mind, don´t know why:

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - JyonnyNovice - 01-14-2015

I always come here to look at beautiful pictures... do you have a tumblr? you should share these with the world man!

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 01-15-2015

@JyonnyNovice: Thanks for stopping by to enjoy my humble sketches! I really appreciate it! I often think of expanding my online presence, but then I really think my stuff isn´t good enogh yet, so I just keep on practicing. Maybe I should really go on tumblr, no matter how my skill level is

A bit of a face day today (and some figure in motion) :

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - JyonnyNovice - 01-15-2015

I understand what you mean, but 'good enough' for what? For your own ideal of what your art will look like when it's 'perfect'? To match up with the art of someone you admire? or good enough to inspire and interest other people? You're stuff gives me something to aspire to, but I think most non-artists look at artist blogs to appreciate the imagination and to see pretty pictures, and yours have prettiness factor 11 : )

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 01-15-2015

(01-15-2015, 04:11 AM)JyonnyNovice Wrote: I understand what you mean, but 'good enough' for what? For your own ideal of what your art will look like when it's 'perfect'? To match up with the art of someone you admire? or good enough to inspire and interest other people? You're stuff gives me something to aspire to, but I think most non-artists look at artist blogs to appreciate the imagination and to see pretty pictures, and yours have prettiness factor 11 : )

I guess both for my own ideal and some pretty great artists out there. And I´m not even talking about the Craig Mullinses or Jaime Joneses of the world:) I think everyone doing art has those thoughts about not being good enough for some ideals they put on themselves. And you´re right, I should just take the leap. Thanks very much for your encouragement!

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 01-16-2015

Dug up some older tutorials I have on my PC and tried to really analyze what these guys where doing and how they treat color, light and mood. After watching, I tried to recreate their tutorial subjects from memory. It went quite well (in the swamp picture, I couldn´t help but add an eye of Sauron, because the tower turned out to look like Barad-Dur by accident ) Now I just have to apply what I learned in my own stuff

Tutorials from: http://daroz.deviantart.com/
http://donmalo.deviantart.com/

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 01-18-2015

Figure study and an application of the landscape tutorials

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - devinn - 01-18-2015

Hey, man...I bet if you dedicate a solid, laser-focused, no BS, month into your studies and application...oh boy; you will definitely get to that next level.

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 01-20-2015

@Mannyhaatz: Thanks! :) But I think one month wouldn´t do it. Currently I´m working on a more focussed approach to studies and appication with a narrowed down subject. I guess if I could draw for 8-10 h a day, I could reach a level I´m somewhat satisfied with in 6-12 month. Sadly I have a fulltime job outside the illustration industry, so time is a bit limited for me, can´t quite get all the hours I want, but I´m using all I can get. So I might double that time :) We´ll see in a few months how that worked out.

Some faces, although I´m not too happy with most of them. I need to draw with more focus

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 01-22-2015

An example of study and application. The study was mostly for anatomy which was applied on the application sample on the right. After I was somewhat satisfied with the anatomy, I covered her body with armor and clothing (couldn´t just leave it so unfinished)

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 01-23-2015

A bit more elaborated male anatomy study with an application aftwerwards

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 01-26-2015

Some more anatomy study and application

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 01-26-2015

Trying out some of Anthony Joneses techniques. Main focus on the first one is to quickly generate rendered images and the second one is about painting only with light (bring out form from a black canvas) This went fairly well and really took no time at all! I have to practice that more and really get a hang of this

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 01-27-2015

Some more Anthony Jones-like technique practice (and subject for that matter) combined with some lighting techniques of my own. I really like that approach. I guess with a little reference for anatomy and maybe 1 or 2 hours of polishing and correcting, I could bring this to a really decent level. Feels like a little skill levelup to do that. My brain kind of feels like it´s in a bigger world now :)