Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff (/thread-1881.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 02-26-2015

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 03-02-2015

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 03-03-2015

Recently I reworked my learning process to a more memory-based method. By that, I mean doing a study of something (no matter what, poses, portraits, lighting, etc.), redraw it from memory only, do the study again and redraw again from memory. After that incorporate it into something from memory some time (hours or a day) later. In the sample below it was some pose studies.

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 03-05-2015

Sketches with a little more value exploration. First one is inspired by a work of Miles Johnston drawn from memory with changes of my own

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 03-06-2015

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 03-10-2015

Some fun stuff:

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 03-13-2015

Here´s some of the stuff I do besides pencils and paintings. Basically it´s just simple studies that don´t need to be pretty with repeats from memory. I´m focussing on poses, hands and designs (for visual library) for now.

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 03-13-2015

More sketches to apply all of those studies.

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 03-20-2015

Haven´t had lots of time to do pencils lately as I´m working on some illustrations. Here´s a pencil sketch of a ship for a change. It´s a vessel that was build by the characters in one of my RPG groups. It´s called the Dragonwing...who knew :)

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 03-21-2015

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 03-27-2015

Since I´m currently doing quite a few illustrations, time for practice is still limited :( Here´s a rough, unrefined sketch to find some idea for a "curse of undeath" illustration.

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Alexandre Belmonte - 03-27-2015

Lots's of cool RPG drawings here!

Your anatomy and designs are great, reminds me a lot of good memories of me and my RPG group! Your illustrations would be even cooler if you take the clothes to the same level of the anatomy.

Loved the guy with horns. His eyes are very expressive!

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 03-29-2015

@Alexandre Belmonte: Thanks very much! Yeah, I need to work on designs a lot more. Mostly when sketching I´m focusing too much on figure/anatomy. Clothing is still somewhat secondary to me till I get the base figure

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 03-30-2015

One of the illustrations I´m currently working on. It´s in an advanced state, but still WIP

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 04-03-2015

Some awful sketches, but at least it´s something

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 04-05-2015

For my next illustration, I need to include a horse, so I did some horse studies to get a feel for horse anatomy

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 04-09-2015

Here´s something very different for a change. I recently bought some watercolors to try out new painting media. After getting used to how the paint behaves (very different than painting digitally :) , I made this painting after watching Steve Cronin paint ( http://www.steven-cronin-art.com/ )

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 04-11-2015

Some more watercolor fun. First one is after a painting by Joseph Zbukvic (master of all watercolor masters!)

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 04-13-2015

First try at a figurative watercolor painting. Going from light to dark is really different from my usual painting approach

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 04-15-2015

Still trying out watercolors. This time with a portrait. Values are really hard to control in watercolor since not only pigment hue/value influences it, but also the amount of water you use for each brush stroke. Did I mention, watercolors really look darker than they are when wet, but dry really light :)
Not too happy with this portrait, but I won´t give up and do another one.