Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff (/thread-1881.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 06-19-2015

Small update today with a devilish portrait

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - crackedskull - 06-20-2015

Those pencil sketches look awesome.

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 06-25-2015

@ crackedskull: Thanks very much!

An Anders Zorn study to practice being more painterly. That is still hard for me to do, because I have to fight the urge to render everything smoothly

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 06-27-2015

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Kir - 06-27-2015

Wow very nice! I love the composition but also the soft gradation on the flesh. Its pretty awesome that you split that on 2 pages of a book ;D

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 06-28-2015

@Kir: Thanks very much!

Portrait study and some illustration sketch of a situation in an RPG session, battling an armored sandworm with an alienlike tongue...

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 06-30-2015

Some NPC merchant guy from my last RPG session and some study and a dragon because, well....dragon

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 07-07-2015

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - crackedskull - 07-07-2015

You've been cranking out beautiful stuff man.

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 07-15-2015

@crackedskull: Thanks very much! :)

Finally time to post something again. I´ve been moving the last two weeks (still lots of work to be done), so drawing is kind of on a hold....:( 

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 07-16-2015

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 07-22-2015

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Zearthus - 07-22-2015

How you come up with your sketches, do you like pitch some random sentences, and created it based out of the prompted sentence, or are they more of a doodle which slowly turns into character.

Overall good work.

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 07-22-2015

(07-22-2015, 09:18 AM)Zearthus Wrote: How you come up with your sketches, do you like pitch some random sentences, and created it based out of the prompted sentence, or are they more of a doodle which slowly turns into character.

Overall good work.

It is a mixture. Sometimes I sit there with nothing in my mind and just do a gesture of a pose. From there it mostly develops on its own, leading to what kind of character is this, why does it have that pose. These last two characters develoed like that. Especially the circus performer. She first was just a knife thrower, then I thought, maybe she is not a random thug throwing knives, but she performs in shows....and at night she tries to improve her income by burglary :)

I also sometimes just doodle thin lines and try to find a flow untill you suddenly see someting in the lines, you want to flesh out, kinda like staring at clouds.

Sometimes I have a clear concept in my mind like the dwarf shieldmaiden two posts earlier. Here I had the pose in my mind before drawing it and I knew exactly how she should look like.

I also used random generators for characters in the past, if I really couldn´t come up with anything or if I wanted to test my concept abilities. You´d get a pretty good description of something you haven´t thought before, like a half-ogre fighting monk

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - smrr - 07-22-2015

Some really dynamic stuff with your pencil work and I also like the way you've been rendering them In love

When it comes to getting things to feel painterly... try and get every brush stroke to count, play around, full of energy and enjoy yourself.

Keep up the great work man, you've really been kicking butt <:

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 08-01-2015

@smrr: Thanks a lot! :D Yeah, I also think, enjoying yourself is the best way to go when trying to be painterly. Consider your brush strokes, but also try not to overthink, leads to the best results .

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 08-05-2015

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 08-08-2015

Doodling around...second sketch turned out to be rubbish though

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Bookend - 08-10-2015

Great work, as always!

Let's see some anatomy studies, man! Perspective! Bring me MOAR AWESOME. Grin

RE: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff - Elderscroller - 08-10-2015

@Bookend:Thanks very much! Strange that you mention anatomy studies as I myself felt the need to do more :)

Quick figure/value study: