Crimson Daggers — Art forum
PLAYTIME W/ JAKTRAYTER - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: PLAYTIME W/ JAKTRAYTER (/thread-2163.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Pro-Jekt 179 - devinn - 09-11-2013

Imaginary, full colored (kinda) sketches and color studies! I am realizing really quickly that applying studies works wonders, I swear. The color studies are easier to understand and execute and I am learning to add color to my sketches...the white backgrounds are annoying though. ANyways....yeah. Here is work from today...So far so good, me thinks.

The wizard dude was my last drawing for the night, and out of all the 1hr imaginary drawings, I like it the best. The girl...jesus idk. And that poo colored sketch...idk either. Forgive me: still learning guys.

RE: Pro-Jekt 179 - devinn - 09-13-2013

A batch of homemade color studies and imaginative drawings...trying to meet this weeks goal for Noah's Art Camp so I'm cutting down the imaginative sketches to 45min- 1hr each. It's hard trying to conjure up ideas back to back...especially since I'm not use to this sort of thing. I never really did stuff in high volume from my head...all of my artwork just consisted of studies..

...I remember why.

I can't wait to actually sit down and take the time to plaaaaan a drawing, paaaaaint it nicely and fiiiiiinish it; all of these were timed and a bit stressful. I recently received advice concerning how long I spend on each image: I should spend more time focusing instead of rushing to hit this weeks image count....but it's so hard, trying to hit two goals at once. I either hit the deadline, or take more time on my drawings and studies. This is helping me practice drawing from my head, so I shouldn't feel toooo conflicted.

Here's a rush colored image of a dude with dreads, a crap Link, a weird lightbulb robot, a snake berserker-type character, and a super crap image of wolverine stealing a pancake from cyclops.

RE: Pro-Jekt 179 - M.Calza - 09-13-2013

Very nice to see you tackle your weaknesses. I like this one http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=32768
the anatomy is getting better.
About the time spent, IMO you could balance it, do some fast stuff, but when it comes to finishing spend more time on it, and put all of those studies together, happy to see more regular updates :D

RE: Pro-Jekt 179 - BenFlores - 09-16-2013

cool stuff man! i can see youre studying alot which is great just try to put in more time into your personal work. keep up the hard work :)

RE: Pro-Jekt 179 - devinn - 09-18-2013

m.calza: Thanks man! (btw, are you in school?) That's a really good idea; instead of being tied down to the noah art camp weekly deadlines, I should occasionally (well, more often than not) produce something that had more time dedicated to it. Ahhhh, it's hard though man! I really wanna finish the assignments on time...bah fuck it. Rushing isn't going to help.
I'm acting as if I am a part of a cult...

benflores: yeah, that seems to be the most popular piece of advice! It must be a sign or something....nahhh, I'm imagining things.
haha I'm kidding, thanks man for taking a look!

Still life from tonite, took maaaaybeeee...7hrs :l geeezus.

RE: Pro-Jekt 179 - smrr - 09-19-2013

Now THISSSSSSSSS is what I'm talking 'bout man--!!

You're gonna learn so fricking much from Noah - and it already shows with this still life study ^ whoaaa!

And listen - don't you worry about how much time you're spending on a study. That shouldn't matter right now! You're trying to learn and see everything in a new light. Once you really start opening up those artistic eyes (and you will soon!) you will get quicker!!

Keep kicking ass Mannyhaatz, I believe in yooooooooooou!

RE: Pro-Jekt 179 - devinn - 09-19-2013

that smrrfette: hahaha thank you!!! honestly, I am taking a lot of cues from your study habits n shiiiiz. You are a really inspiring human.
I've been hearing that from a lot of great artists all week, so it must be true haha fortunately, I spent a bit more time on an imaginative piece that I'm aboouta poost
Your words pierce my body, thank you soo damn much ( :

I have a 10min still life SHIT study, and an image I sorta brought to finish, well, to my current ability. I believe I may have hit a milestone. cool

RE: Pro-Jekt 179 - devinn - 09-20-2013

Some timed still life shits

RE: Pro-Jekt 179 - devinn - 09-22-2013

30min imaginative shits

RE: Pro-Jekt 179 - devinn - 09-22-2013

A longer still life of the apple.

RE: Pro-Jekt 179 - devinn - 10-05-2013

I GOT SOME PENCILS UP IN THIS BEAAATCH. It's been almost a year since I used a traditional medium. Anyways, I have some crap self portraits, color studies, and some goods from my imagination. (Why does my digital self portrait look WORSE than an image I did from my head...whyyyyyy...am i learnin' or am I just ugleee.)

edit: I look like a psychopath. Such a pain in the ass trying to render dark hair, dreads at that!!

RE: Pro-Jekt 179 - devinn - 10-06-2013

I was trying to draw some sort of monster dude, because 'tis the season to be scary, but it just came out a green man. Just a green man.

RE: Pro-Jekt 179 - Nexuun - 10-11-2013

Nice work man. Keep doing the portraits, they really help. The last one, the green one, looks like an improvement from the others. And also, that apple was kickass! Damn! Such nice color and form!

RE: Pro-Jekt 179 - devinn - 10-11-2013

Nexuun: I look like a rapist/serial killer. I promise I'm not THAT ugly in real life haha. Thanks man! I'm working hard, so I'm glad that I'm making some improvement. Sorry for being so quiet lately...I'll try to keep in contact with you as well as posting more often.

Face study of a duuude. Dat lipstick tho

RE: Pro-Jekt 179 - devinn - 10-16-2013

Character thumbs and a dude from my imagination.

RE: Pro-Jekt 179 - devinn - 11-14-2013

I fucking hate updating this goddamn sketchbook almost as much as I hate how lazy I have gotten (as far as uploading stuffff of course).

Shieeeet man I don't feel like explaining the content of this sketchdump, nor do I care for the resolution of the images. soooo...yeah. I'm fresh out of fucks to give, sorry.

It's moments like these that I'm glad nobody views this sketchbook hahaha so joke's on you guys!

Talking to myself.

),,,,,,: what have I become.

RE: Pro-Jekt 179 - devinn - 11-18-2013

Ahhh I feel better about my life. I am out of the darkness...for now.

Stuff stuff and stuff.

RE: Pro-Jekt 179 - devinn - 11-19-2013

I HATE GETTING OFF WORK LATE. It was such a struggle trying to sketch in the dead of night. My job taught me how to hate, thus, I hate.

RE: Pro-Jekt 179 - devinn - 11-20-2013

Dear lord...it's 3am

RE: Pro-Jekt 179 - devinn - 11-24-2013

STILL FUKN TRUKN

Here's some whipz