Crimson Daggers — Art forum
MF's SB. - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: MF's SB. (/thread-3078.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: MF's SB. - The_Walking_Cat - 07-31-2015

Wow, I like your sketchbook! Great work and very analytical and complex :) Especially like your perspective studies.

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 08-01-2015

Working on the tile map for the engine. The math's easier than I was expecting, so that's a plus. Detecting collisions in game will basically be based off the tile positions of the actors (characters/objects/etc). This might be a naive approach, but I'll continue to change the way I handle things as I go along.

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 08-06-2015

Working more on collisions. Here are a couple of screens, one showing the math behind everything and the other showing an in-game shot of it working.

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 08-07-2015

Success!

RE: MF's SB. - crackedskull - 08-07-2015

Good to see you back and working on new project. Animations on previous page look sick, keep it up :D

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 08-08-2015

Got a simple targeting system working and a quick animation to go with it as well as linear interpolation, finally. Feels so slide-y and good...[Image: wink.png]

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 08-11-2015

Doing some concepts for characters. This is the brute, which will be a fighter-type, tank class. I'm also trying to decide on an art style, so I'm playing around with pixel art now as well.

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 08-12-2015

I'm starting to become more convinced that pixel art might be the art direction I'd like to take. Of course, opinions are welcome from anyone.

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 08-13-2015

Another animation test

RE: MF's SB. - Rindoukan - 08-17-2015

damn son that looks pretty sick! Animation looks nice.it has mood.Only thing I can recommend is maybe try to sneak in a bit more hue variation here and there.Not much just accents. I think that'll look nice.

RE: MF's SB. - Sublimus - 09-06-2016

Just went through your whole book. Love it man!

Really cool to see your game project taking shape too!

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 09-06-2016

Thanks, Sublimus!

So I haven't been on in a while, but for anyone interested, I've started a dev-log of my game engine's process and progress over the past year and a half of working on it. So if anyone's interested, here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijj9NhfeY3g&feature=gp-n-y&google_comment_id=z133hffa3lrgsb55x04cflbigni0f1ipwlo0k