Crimson Daggers — Art forum
MF's SB. - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: MF's SB. (/thread-3078.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: MF's SB. - SpectreX - 05-24-2013

Hey, great sketchbook you got here! Love the rendering and your lineart.
Great imagination as well!

RE: MF's SB. - derA - 05-24-2013

Awesome images here, keep up the good work!

RE: MF's SB. - MonoOrder - 05-24-2013

Amazing drawings and studies! It's so awesome to see someone with great skills doing efficient study! Once I get my perspective and values down I'm gonna try and break down some artists too like you did with Carlos Huante.

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 05-25-2013

I appreciate the comments, everyone.

Took one of the silhouettes and did a completed line drawing for it. Probably should've gone through a few more iterations just to have the options, but overall I like how it turned out. Starting to think of a composition to fit her in. Suggestions are welcome.

RE: MF's SB. - Amit Dutta - 05-28-2013

Woah shitballs, lots of awesome coming up in this sb I think. Nice work mate, and apologies fer the cussing.

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 05-29-2013

Don't worry, love me some shitballs, MonkeyBread.

Some studies and starting to render the witch bitch. Still unsure about my composition (whether or not I want a tighter cropping so I can focus on the face more) and I'm not liking the comically huge tits either, so I'll either cover those or reduce them down a cup.

RE: MF's SB. - Matthias Kinnigkeit - 05-29-2013

Wow! Lots of really cool stuff in here!! You have a nice sense of space and I really like your design sketches. The approach you used for the costume designs in the first post is very interesting aswell. Im very looking forward to see more of your work in future!

RE: MF's SB. - Rindoukan - 05-30-2013

Very cool stuff.I really like the studies you do.It helps me to figure out how to effectively value my stuff as well.

RE: MF's SB. - pnate - 05-30-2013

You've got some interesting designs and creatures, keep it up man

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 05-30-2013

Putting this here just so I don't forget about it: Combat Sim App

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 05-31-2013

Posting a WIP of the witch I'm working on. It's going to take a while. Lots of detailing.

RE: MF's SB. - YOLOLEX - 05-31-2013

the textures on this last pic are really interesting will be great to see how it turns out.

RE: MF's SB. - iamdemsugar - 06-02-2013

Wow man im realy impressed you have good foundation dude. Can't wait to see the final render od this girl

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 06-02-2013

Thanks, everyone.

More work on this one. Started to actually get interested in it tonight (which is good; was kinda feeling blah so far). I can't decide on a pose for her hands, so I'm asking you to help me decide. (Grabbed some photo reference and placed them where I'd like them to be eventually; don't worry, it'll be painted just as everything else has been). Thanks!

RE: MF's SB. - Rindoukan - 06-02-2013

second one

RE: MF's SB. - Amit Dutta - 06-02-2013

Nice update mate...It's nice to see your process and great texture detail work on her skin! One thing I hadn't noticed before was how long in the leg she is..ie exceptionally tall in relation to her torso. Is this intentional, or is she standing on a dwarf minion under dem robes. Lol. Wrt the hands....I would say, the first if you want to have hands only, because the second looks a bit like she's juggling dem witchy balls. I like the staff in that pose and especially in the crop because it brings a compositional element into play.In terms of overall comp the angled staff did add something of interest to the pretty much straight up pose she is in so I suppose that depends on how you want the comp to work.

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 06-02-2013

Thanks for the quick replies, guys.

Monkey - I'll be using this mid-closeup crop for the final image, so with that into account I'd think you'd go with the staff. And she's supposed to be a bit tall (probably 9 feet or so), but I agree that the proportions would need reworking, ha.

RE: MF's SB. - Amit Dutta - 06-02-2013

Ah rightieho....then hmmmm yep I think the staff wins out for me because her two hands and face make a stronger triangle of focal points to the comp. And that staff arm is angled nicely towards the main focal point whereas they aren't in the others. I did wonder briefly if there is too much going on with that one though...staff and magic baubles...it's harder to choose when they are all quality mate. :)

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 06-03-2013

Thanks a lot, monkey. Went with the staff; started to figure out more of what I want with the clothing, rendered some more, and starting to think about what I want to do with color. Still very much WIP, but it's getting somewhere (whether or not it's a good somewhere is yet to be seen). Also I will add a BG for this one, most likely.

RE: MF's SB. - EduardoGaray - 06-03-2013

my fav was the second haha, the staff kinda attracts a lot of attetion that should go to the character. But still like where this is going, looking forward to see more!