Crimson Daggers — Art forum
MF's SB. - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: MF's SB. (/thread-3078.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: MF's SB. - YOLOLEX - 07-04-2013

love that sketch fantastic feeling, looks like a fengzhu env!!! way to go!

RE: MF's SB. - Matthias Kinnigkeit - 07-04-2013

Man those studies are great! To do them in this tiny size should be a great way to really focus just on the core aspect of the study, like nailing the colors or the values. I´ll definitely copy your approach with these ;) The sketch is really awesome aswell. Great job man, always inspirering to visite your Sb!

RE: MF's SB. - Izzual - 07-04-2013

The last one is just awesome man ! :D And loving your master study !

Can't wait to see moaaaaar ! :)

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 07-06-2013

Started a new comp tonight. I didn't have a direction as I was sketching, so it took a while to get to the block in where I am now. First it was going to be a vampire against a guy with a sword, but the sword was boring, so I changed it to a kid with a bat. Then that made me think of a baseball game setting, then the night and moon made me go with a werewolf. So I eventually came around to a scene where a pitcher changes into a werewolf in the middle of a kids' baseball game.

I'm also trying a new approach for this one, which is to separate as many elements as possible and work as methodically as I can. I think so far it's paying off, but I'll let you guys CnC to help me decide. Thanks!

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 07-07-2013

lines and reworked values. kinda bored of it, so I'm gonna just sketch series of comps for a while to get more comfortable with doing them.

RE: MF's SB. - OtherMuzz - 07-07-2013

Damn man that rocks :D.

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 07-12-2013

Studying composition more, trying to get comfortable with thumbnails and such with traditional media. So these are all pencil and marker sketches. Found that composition was much easier to do if I had an idea of what the scene might contain within a framework of a story, so I took one thumb and then made a series of thumbs as if storyboarding them. It was surprising how fluid this felt and is definitely something I'll try again. Finally took one of the thumbs, made a larger rough sketch and then drew out an quick concept for what the monster in the sketch might look like. All these processes seem to synergize quite well and give a lot of options for concept/illustration ideas from just one simple thumb!

RE: MF's SB. - TNiznet - 07-12-2013

Great job as usual Mr.Frenik. Your growth is inspiring man, keep working!

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 07-13-2013

Tiznet - Thanks, man.

More composition thumbs/studies as well as a still life of my outdated flip phone.

RE: MF's SB. - YOLOLEX - 07-14-2013

nice studies!, v clean

RE: MF's SB. - Rindoukan - 07-14-2013

man flip phones are the bomb Idk what you're talking about.You always look cooler when u flip to answer a call.

Pretty cool studies.Keep workin on the baseball werewolf.There's quite the potentia innitl.

RE: MF's SB. - Bjulvar - 07-15-2013

Sketching out compositions with a story in mind is something I love doing myself. Flows along like a comicbook page and usually feels pretty natural. I guess it goes back to finding patterns in chaos.

That's one sexy study of a cellphone. Love that textured brush! That's what life is about.

RE: MF's SB. - Izzual - 07-15-2013

Great composition stuff ! Thanks for the inspiration :) And awesome still life !

Keep this up man ! :D

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 07-15-2013

Thanks, guys.

Still life of cleaner bottle. Liquid's tough. Need to study that more for sure.

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 07-28-2013

back from out of town, so some quick creature thumbs to get back into the swing of things.

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 07-30-2013

Took one that I liked and rendered it out. Had I taken the time to do a second drawing, I would've figured out more of the anatomy and forms, but I got lazy, so...

RE: MF's SB. - YOLOLEX - 07-30-2013

looks great, great anatomy! maybe more variation in thumbs?

RE: MF's SB. - JakeB - 07-30-2013

Still lifes look solid man, and the thumbs are getting better each time I come back. Think you're right about taking more time to figure out the form and stuff on that last piece, I struggle with that too.

Keep it coming :D

RE: MF's SB. - MrFrenik - 07-31-2013

Thanks, guys.

Worked on that one some more and eventually decided that if this were a concept creature it would be part of a zoo for aliens. Might give me a chance to do some more for a unified concept later on and add more animals to it, which they're fun to do.

RE: MF's SB. - Izzual - 08-01-2013

Hey dude ! This guy looks quite cool :D I'd just say to be careful about "making lines disappear" like on his hind legs for example, but anyway you're doing great ! Keep this up !! :D